Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 11-05-2006 , 06:28 PM
Subscriber

Spline Handles

I,m trying to create a toung rig using a spline handle. The problem I am having is the curve will not attach its self to the joint chain. I can open a new scene(nothing in it) and using the same settings the rig will work fine. What could be causing the rig not to work in my project file. Steps I use: Create joint chain(default settings),next create CV curve(default settings) Then I add the IK spline handle (I turn off Auto Create Curve and Auto Parent Curve) I click on the root joint first then the last joint then the curve. In a new scene it works fine in my project scene it does not. Can anyone help. PLEASE

You're only limited by your creativity
# 2 15-05-2006 , 06:46 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hmm? very strange. I would check the attributes in the original scene first then in your project check the settings again as something may be different, these things can happen, could be a small thing like a 'check box'

Cheers
Jay

# 3 15-05-2006 , 06:52 PM
yeah... really odd. user added image

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 4 15-05-2006 , 10:49 PM
Subscriber

Spline Handles

Jay, Thanks for your comeback. How do you check the attributes in a scene, do you mean in the attribute editor. When I apply the ik handle I get this message in the script editor. ikHandle-sol ikHandle-ccv false-pcv false; Result ikHandlel effectorl//. Not sure what this means. I've gone back in the scene file hierarchy to a file where the spline handle will work and started to rebuild the scene but its quiet a ways back and I'd rather not do that if I could fix the problem.

You're only limited by your creativity