Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 29-05-2011 , 11:46 AM
Subscriber

Help Volume light Problem

I've made a basic minecraft scene with a lava pool in the middle. I decided to light it using sveral volume lights in the lava as in the game it is a source of light.( I also added 2 others on top for extra light). When i go and render it it comes out black with a little red glow dot, does anyone know whats wrong/how to make it render properly?

user added image user added image

Im Back and now 13 (:

Autume Challenge Nov 09
# 2 29-05-2011 , 12:32 PM
Lifetime Member
From what I can remember the volume and area light dont throw off heaps of actual light source, thats why its dark. Us ethe volume light in the lava and you could either use IBL or throw some spotlights around an play with their intensity etc. I did the tutorial on lighting but lost my notes...so thats all I can remember..LOL hope it has helped in some way though.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 29-05-2011 , 01:24 PM
The Nurb Herd
how about a ramp light, they are easy to use.

type rampLight in the command line.

some people don't seem to like them, not sure why.

# 4 29-05-2011 , 04:18 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the help, i'll try it when i get back home (:

Im Back and now 13 (:

Autume Challenge Nov 09