Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 09-06-2003 , 10:22 PM
Subscriber

Poly to (even more) SubDiv

How do you add even more subdiv's when you convert a poly to a subdiv? So that the object is rounded even more...

I'm very n00b... please bare with me user added image

whatever!
# 2 09-06-2003 , 10:36 PM
Subscriber
Although I have never changed them, there are some things you can change in the options box for polytosubdiv. Choose Modiy>Convertion and then look for a little box directly to the right of polytosubdiv. In this window, you can change some stuff that might make the sub-div smoother when you convert it.

# 3 10-06-2003 , 01:19 AM
Subscriber
As well as changing the options when you convert there are also various degrees of smoothing visible to you when you are looking at a subd surface onscreen- try hitting the number 1,2 and 3 keys and you will see the change.

# 4 10-06-2003 , 07:14 PM
Subscriber
Darkware: I alread knew that... but thanks anyway user added image

Witchy: that was the one I was looking for user added image

Thanks load both of ya!

whatever!