Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 11-07-2006 , 09:21 AM
Update:

Done

side windows
some temp wheels

user added image

user added image

My Website
PROUDLY SOUTH AFRICAN
# 17 11-07-2006 , 02:37 PM
Great work! This is indeed a beautiful model of the Audi TT 2007... You really put a lot of details and care in the modelling. Looking forward to seeing some texturing soon... once you finish with the last finetunings and you're happy with the completed model.

I really like it... and I would like to refer to twisteddragon33's post and agree with him that more details/insights on the studio setup would be great!

# 18 11-07-2006 , 03:02 PM
ill post a screen of my setup l8r on today , as my pc has run out of ram and needs to rest after a huge 2hr render user added image (not this project)

Update:

a larger clay render of the from with the front grill done wipers and the audi badge

user added image

My Website
PROUDLY SOUTH AFRICAN
# 19 11-07-2006 , 07:10 PM
Update:

Paint tests firs render without wheels
still working on the paint shader

user added image

user added image

My Website
PROUDLY SOUTH AFRICAN
# 20 12-07-2006 , 10:01 AM
again no comments would have put money on a colour render having a comment user added image

update:

well not realy its just colour tests

user added image

so what colour ???

My Website
PROUDLY SOUTH AFRICAN
# 21 12-07-2006 , 10:24 AM
I think a dark red would be good user added image ... cuz I dont linke that standard red

very nice model!!! looks very agressiv and even more in dark red user added image

# 22 12-07-2006 , 07:36 PM
i think you should possibly use a dark charcoal for the car. I realize you havent tested it but its a great look especially for luxury cars. If not i would go with black.

Can you post your settings for the shader when you have a chance.

And i love the modeling, think we could get a poly count and do you plan on doing any amination?

Personally i think a 360 degree turntable would be great.

Oh and like the tires they look great. Are those from another job or did you make them for this one? Details on them if you like would be cool aswell as im sure others would like to know how you made them.

Ide like if you could check out my concept car ive been working on if you have a chance any ideas you could give me are welcome.

# 23 12-07-2006 , 08:33 PM
Hi

Great work user added image user added image ...really impressive user added image

I have one question, how did you model the front of the car?...more preciscly the grill (I think that's the name), the part where is the audi simbol.

Did you duplicate the rectagulars??

Sorry for my english :S

Godd job really user added image

Best Regards Gamester

"One day someone tells me that I was no one, no one is perfect, if God is perfect so I'm God" - No One
# 24 12-07-2006 , 09:34 PM

Originally posted by twisteddragon33
i think you should possibly use a dark charcoal for the car. I realize you havent tested it but its a great look especially for luxury cars. If not i would go with black.

Can you post your settings for the shader when you have a chance.

And i love the modeling, think we could get a poly count and do you plan on doing any amination?

Personally i think a 360 degree turntable would be great.

Oh and like the tires they look great. Are those from another job or did you make them for this one? Details on them if you like would be cool aswell as im sure others would like to know how you made them.

Ide like if you could check out my concept car ive been working on if you have a chance any ideas you could give me are welcome.

i think the dark gray/charcoal would be a tad bland.

ill post a screen of the shader graph if u want user added image

well smoothed the polycount is 200 000 + lowpoly i have no clue user added image LOL as there are 45000 for the tires user added image (each) no animation planed but i might do a 360 when i have finished modeling everything and happy with the render ( and maybe get anew pc LOL)

the tires are from another project but i use them for most of them as they work so why model new ones for evey project user added image. i made them by getting a tread pattern from the net and making one section of tread and duplicating it from a center point, then making all the verts line up user added image

heres the setup: i have two planes one curved up to make a "bowl" and hte other on top to make the white plane for reflection. both set to a white lambert shader with some ambance. then i have two directional lights one lighting the back fo the car the tother lighting the front front with shadows.

user added image

this might no help much but they user added image the shader graph

user added image

Hi

Great work ...really impressive

I have one question, how did you model the front of the car?...more preciscly the grill (I think that's the name), the part where is the audi simbol.

Did you duplicate the rectagulars??

Sorry for my english :S

Godd job really

Best Regards Gamester

the grill is very simple its just cubes made the the shapes all the up rights and cross bars are sepirate then shaped to fit the prints, and combined to make it one peace.

thanks for the comments guys user added image please keep them coming user added image

done a blue and a black one again user added image this time a diff setup user added image

user added image

user added image

My Website
PROUDLY SOUTH AFRICAN

Last edited by aleg8r; 12-07-2006 at 09:44 PM.
# 25 13-07-2006 , 03:32 AM
Subscriber
i think it would look better if the front wheel was pointed straight, and i like either the normal black or white on this car.

don't stop there, keep going.

First year 3D Grad
# 26 13-07-2006 , 11:44 AM

the grill is very simple its just cubes made the the shapes all the up rights and cross bars are sepirate then shaped to fit the prints, and combined to make it one peace.

Hi

Thanks man user added image

I like the blue metallic....the "just 4 fun" was nice too user added image

Best Regards

Gamester

"One day someone tells me that I was no one, no one is perfect, if God is perfect so I'm God" - No One
# 27 13-07-2006 , 12:09 PM
Looks pretty good so far.

I'm not sold on the render in the latest shot is it just a HDR map applied? (Looking at the background), to me it makes the car look a bit plasticky, also I think you need to play with the shader for the wheels etc.

# 28 13-07-2006 , 12:31 PM
yar still tryin to get my paint right at the mo , will play round with that l8r user added image

update:

user added image

wish i had a better hdri user added image

My Website
PROUDLY SOUTH AFRICAN
# 29 13-07-2006 , 12:36 PM
yeah I ment such a red! nice 1 but with the black lights it looked much better

# 30 13-07-2006 , 02:29 PM
had to post this as a few ppl want it again user added image

user added image

My Website
PROUDLY SOUTH AFRICAN