Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 09-03-2012 , 02:28 PM

shadow pass inverted result

Hi, i rendered my shadow pass and it came out with inverted result, the shadow are in white while the light are in black. And also the alpha wont render out even if the channels are put to 4.

Anyone help?

# 2 09-03-2012 , 04:03 PM
Hi,

in some apps the shadow pass will not look like you expect it too (presuming you expect to have mainly white, and dark shadowed areas). I can't remember if mental ray/maya software are examples of this.

In you comp package though, try merging it over with the mode set to "difference". If it looks correct, your shadow pass is fine user added image

# 3 09-03-2012 , 04:24 PM
The Nurb Herd
or use a grade node and gamma down the plate using the shadow render as a mask. it doesn't need an alpha.

# 4 09-03-2012 , 06:12 PM
SM Tea Boy
or invert it and then multiply, take your pick user added image

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 5 09-03-2012 , 06:49 PM
EduSciVis-er

or invert it and then multiply, take your pick user added image

Dave

Memories of dividing fractions...