Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 17-06-2006 , 02:48 AM

Maya Friendly Game Plug-in's!!!!!

Can the community work together to produce a list of plugins that are maya freindly for game importation and exportation, soo that people that need a certain plugin for maya, we can speed up the headache and provide an easy solution. Hopefully it will get stickied soo others can use it.

I'll start off by giving a few plugin links for certain games that I know of:

SMD File Format - SMD Maya Plugin

Game Examples for SMD Format ::: Half-Life 2, Half-Life, Counterstrike Source, CounterStrike, CounterStrike Condition Zero, Day Of Defeat, Day Of Defeat Source, Etc. (any other Valve Game or mods)

WARNING::BACKUP YOUR FILE BEFORE USEING THIS TOOL, BECAUSE I LOST SOMETHING WHEN WORKING WITH THIS PLUGIN, I think. Just get into the habit of backing up two files of your work, Just in case, thats what i learned.

Versions Supported: Maya 4.0 - 7.0
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NIF File Format- NIF Maya Plugin

Game Examples for the NIF Format ::: The Elders Scrolls: Morrowind, The Elders Scrolls: Oblivion, Sid Meier's Civilization IV, Sid Meier's Pirate's, Freedom Force, Dark Age of Camelot.

Versions Supported: Maya 6.5 - 7.0
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unreal Game Engine-Unreal Game Engine Export Plug-ins for Maya

Game Examples for Unreal Format ::: Advent Rising, Duke Nukem Forever, Heavy Gunner, Hoopworld, Pariah, Men of Valor: Vietnam, Star Wars: Republic Commando, Tribes: Vengeance, Unreal Championship 2, Unreal Tournament 2004, Splinter Cell, Americas Army, XIII, Lineage II, Unreal 2, For the Whole tons of games that use the engine, heres a link to see the rest of the games that were not mentioned here. Games that used the Unreal Game Engine

Versions Supported: Maya 4.5 - 7.0
MD3 File Format - plugin for import/export of MD3 format, and import-only for MD2, MDC formats and others are in progress. Muskoka Group Another Group Maya2Q3

Game examples for MD3 Format ::: Quake 3, Dont know any other game.

Versions Supported: Maya 7.0
Direct X File Format - Search Microsoft Wesite for "Direct X SDK" and it will give you the latest version. The SDK is Very big and around 300 Megabytes.

Game Examples for Direct X Format - I dont know any.

Versions of maya supported: Not sure but definantally supports versions 5.0 to 7.0

Just remember That any plugin needed, that was done for an older version of maya can be recompiled for newer versions, soo any plugin, new or old, will help if posted.

BIG Thanks to All who post any extra plugins to add to this list.

Last edited by killamike718; 20-06-2006 at 01:43 PM.
# 2 19-06-2006 , 10:21 AM
Acronym for SMD, plz.!

# 3 19-06-2006 , 02:53 PM
What do you mean by Acronym???

# 4 20-06-2006 , 05:05 AM
thank you

# 5 20-06-2006 , 01:51 PM
No problem and good luck with your project, I knew how hard it was to export into the game you wanted, thats the reason that got me to compile this list.

# 6 22-06-2006 , 08:38 AM
I would second sticky'ing this post. It can be quite offputting to want to start creating characters for games mods only to find that you have to do a convoluted way of getting your models into a game engine (very offputting) or even worse you really need to change to another 3D package.

Thanks for the links killamike718 user added image

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 7 22-06-2006 , 10:48 AM
anybody knows if there are 3do format plugins for maya?

# 8 23-06-2006 , 10:03 AM
# 9 23-06-2006 , 09:28 PM

Originally posted by dragonfx
TOOLS for CIV IV
https://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=176

O thanks, Actually im on Civfanatics site all the time, but these tools are game specific and Im mainly after Maya plugins that import or export into or out of a game format.