Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 24-01-2003 , 10:11 PM

Slave of Indriya MkII

this time ive got a total 6 lights (quadratic) lighting the scene, ive introduced a mild bump map and toned the specularity down on the skin, i've removed the cloth texture from the loin cloth to show up the folds better and it seems to add to the poverty of the scene a bit more, then i added a bump map to the cloth to produce some fine 'wrinkles' to further enhance the cloth texture, then i changed the floor for a more organic one, a little bit of artisan to further texture the walls, added some base plates to the chains, and finally a bit of straw scattered around and flattened with gravity, decreased elevation and a bit of 'wiggle' to try and produce the dead & crumpled look.

Is it any better though? COMPARISON

# 2 24-01-2003 , 10:50 PM
it looks alot better. One last picky comment....The mouth looks a little wrong, maybe it's a little too wide. but I'm not sure. looks better!

Thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 3 25-01-2003 , 01:26 AM
Kevin
yes it does look good!! nice job

# 4 25-01-2003 , 01:44 AM
Getting nitpicky again (this is, after all the Finished Work forum user added image ):

Lighting is much better. More depth to the scene.

The bump map on the walls is too strong. Tone it down a bit to look more natural.

Somehow, the character and the skull look like they're floating a bit off the ground. It may be that the models are actually on the ground, but the way the lighting and the shadows fall there, it looks like they're floating.

The jug in the lower right hand corner draws too much attention to itself. Part of it is the brightness of the hilites, part of it is its position in the frame. Reducing the brightness on the jug will help it recede a bit more. Possibly repositioning it further back in the image might help too.

The shackles and chains are too shiny. They look brand new. Doesn't seem right for this type of scene.

You're almost there... user added image

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 5 25-01-2003 , 02:18 AM
Might want to try and get a nices hadow on the floor.... Like danny suggested...

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 6 25-01-2003 , 01:39 PM
yep thanks Kev, looks like the gallery is gonna be a bit sparce for a while though mate user added image
oh well, you could always leave that classy swatch watch there fer a while, oooo and don't forget the tricycle and that erm thingummy jig, oh and not forgetting the table and chairs of course user added image

The medieval ages were never renowned for expert stone masonry, the chains ARE new, the previous inmate knackered the old ones, and its hard to get a shadow on a dark floor, but there is one there honest, and as for the mouth; i dare say mine would wouldn't look pretty wide if i were choking myself to death on a manicle, and as for the jug i couldn't really argue that one, i wasn't overley chuffed with it i must say, but heyho perfection isn't really my forte so i thought what the hell, whats a jug 'tween friends.

Seizure later user added image

Last edited by Aphex; 25-01-2003 at 08:23 PM.