Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 226 27-02-2006 , 09:56 PM
Subscriber
something that doesn't have a cast of 500 and and 50 settings.

I'd go for the urban lower class comedy, a couple of street boys, sort of 'south park' meets 'clockers.' even though it does have a cast of 500 and 50 settings.

or, the 'science fiction' would be easy, not too many sets.., confined enviroments, rooms and 'the bridge' and 'control room' ect, but that genre has been done to death on 3D, doesn't mean it can't be flogged again.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 227 28-02-2006 , 02:41 AM
Subscriber
haha, so true. Fantasy is always cool but I suppose the skill level for such a movie is quite high.

My password is ********.
# 228 28-02-2006 , 03:14 AM
Subscriber
i thought it typical level, i mean intermediate level. any film wil be difficult.

# 229 01-03-2006 , 01:27 AM
I think the fantasy is a great way for peeps to get better with their organic modeling skills. But if u dont feel like you can do it there are tons of background items, chars, etc that dont really get front and center scene, but are still very important.

therefore, if they are not as great as a main char, just use them as a background dude... can't hurt can it?

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 230 01-03-2006 , 01:41 AM
Subscriber
looks like fantasy has it, yes??

# 231 01-03-2006 , 01:53 AM
im just arguing my case :p

# 232 01-03-2006 , 03:59 AM
Subscriber
no problems, hell, i'm not even arguing anything??:headbang: :headbang: :

just counting vote, it's all yours..

I think this is an example of the need for someone to take charge, who put their hand up for it? That person should make a decision and who wants to be in will be in, those that don't won't. Simple and easy my friend. there is never a need to poke your tongue at me, if you think so you have already misunderstood my text and with e-mail it's all too easy to misunderstand.

if we spent as much time doing the movie as wriring about it it would already be done.

# 233 01-03-2006 , 03:12 PM
Subscriber
I said I would take charge if that's ok with all of you guys. I say we do fantasy but I really do think we should get more votes than just two or three considering the amount of people that want to do this. user added image I'll assign people according to skill. I'll reading the past posts and decided which people would be good for certain stuff. user added image

My password is ********.
# 234 01-03-2006 , 03:14 PM
Subscriber
I want some feedback from people before I begin. If someone doesn't want me to take charge then let me know...user added image

My password is ********.
# 235 01-03-2006 , 04:08 PM
yo all any channce of a brief update on whats going on i scrolled through like 10 pages but i cant handle all that txt + mess, aint any chance one of u could just say, if you;ve started, how its goin, what u need doin, n if u have a website, or if everyones kinda given up?
Cheers
Josh

# 236 01-03-2006 , 05:44 PM
Subscriber
I know that me, matttheman, and mirek03 have started so whatever man. We have chosen fantasy i believe...haha. I do have a website and I am going to add a page soon to my site that is about our movie and the current progress and stuff. We need a storyline and some characters. Lets get it on it guys. Do you want this to be a Middle-Earth kinda fantasy or do you want it to be something else. We can make up our races or we can go with the default orcs, dwarves, elves, humans, and such.

My password is ********.
# 237 01-03-2006 , 11:42 PM
Undead is a must. but could it be like a combo of that, and, for instance, Warcraft 3 scenarios?

that game has a kick-ass story/cinematic line- some of the best CG cinematics for a game that I've ever seen.

And can I be VP lol! :p

Whatever... i dont care. I can do organic modeling alright... but time is an issue: weekends- and not all the time, I got to keep the friends happy too :p

ah well

cya later
Matt user added image

# 238 02-03-2006 , 09:40 AM
Subscriber
Is this like a maya only thing? or can a maxer joing in too. maya and max can export and import .obj files. I could help model and texture in my spare time.

<a href="https://forum.simplymax.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11595">Click</a> Desert Eagle
<a href="https://forum.simplymax.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=4250#post4250">Click</a> Gas Lantern
<a href="https://forum.simplymax.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11714">Click</a> Gas Lantern
# 239 02-03-2006 , 02:29 PM
Subscriber
ah yes, friends, must be nice to have those...haha j/k. I see what you mean but what do you mean by a combo? of that? Warcraft is pretty cool, I was thinking more of a WoW concept than a Warcraft "3" concept. I believe the expansiveness of that gives us more choices in environments and more ideas of a world we would like to create. Organic is great for fantasy, something I'm not so sure I can do. Never tried really.

So fantasy it is then?

My password is ********.
# 240 03-03-2006 , 12:44 AM
sure-fantasy
and Ill be using 3ds max for my modeling, so Tiago can too