Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 21-12-2005 , 07:20 PM

Batch render monitor stops displaying numbers

I have a Mac g5 dual with Maya 7. I found that if I batch render an animation and use Maya at the same time the batch render numbers stop working. Also, the script editor stops updating the present frame. I have it set to batch render messages. Is this a bug or just a small glitch? The file seems to keep rendering so should I stop worrying?

# 2 21-12-2005 , 10:25 PM
Subscriber
yea, no need to worry.
u dont even need maya open as of 7.0 when u are batch rendering. its automatically lunching command line rendering in the background.

# 3 22-12-2005 , 06:04 AM

Re: Batch render monitor stops displaying numbers

Originally posted by ronstern
I have a Mac g5 dual with Maya 7. I found that if I batch render an animation and use Maya at the same time the batch render numbers stop working. Also, the script editor stops updating the present frame. I have it set to batch render messages. Is this a bug or just a small glitch? The file seems to keep rendering so should I stop worrying?

After a while Maya says "frig it, you get the idea --" and stops updating the console... its still rendering, don't worry... its just lazy.