Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 46 27-07-2006 , 01:09 AM
Subscriber
sorry Matt, i knew i was struggling to make sense of myself. what i meant was how did you make those uv maps. can you run past how you did the head map. I mean basic mate, this is a beginners question. Sometimes i can get a map and other times i just get a cube (eg). did you use planar projection first, like that. I know you've helped me with this ages ago, but i was trying to make a mao for the top of my compass, it looked fine on the UV edotor, out of bounds of the top right hand corner of the UV editor, is it as simple as scaling it into that area. because when i took it to photoshop i had a square, not a requtangle as is the plastic top of the compass.

hope this makes sense mate.

put it this way, if you were to map the top of my compass what would you do. it measures 10 by 6.6 cm.

cheeers mate.:headbang:

take it easy and life will be easy
# 47 27-07-2006 , 07:36 AM
Subscriber
Cheers Rostoons, I think that there is plenty of life left in this one, perhaps there's an adult alien in there somewhere. I'm going to put it on the shelf for a bit, maybe I'll use the figures in an animation for my degree who knows?