Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 27-03-2011 , 11:33 AM
DangerDave80

New to Simply Maya

Hey everyone, i'm new on here and kind of quite new to 3D as well. I started using 3Ds Max last year in College but it wasn't until I got to University that I started using Maya. Got to say I absolutely love it. I've had a look on the forums here and some of the work people are doing is just amazing. I've decided to download the GI tutorials so il post progress up on that quite soon. Mind you, that was before I noticed the Spitfire tutorial so i might have to do that first. Honestly, i'm like a kid in a candy shop on here. I'm finishing up Uni this year so my ideal job would be modelling in 3D. Guess i better join the massive Que.! lol! Anyway, heres just some of the stuff i've done in Maya.

Attached Thumbnails

This train is insane!!
# 2 27-03-2011 , 01:16 PM
Lifetime Member
LOL welcome mate........dig the bad type dude..love it...good luck with the tuts and especially the job in 3D...I would say the line is a long one....hope you have fun and meet some really nice people here mate.

Cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 27-03-2011 , 02:21 PM
DangerDave80
Thank a lot buddy, I already made the mistake of applying to Pixar waaay to early for an internship. I didnt have alot to show at that point but thought id chance my luck! I'm working on a 3D music video just now for my group project at Uni so that should be an extra thing to show! Its a live project too so im pretty excited about seeing it all finished! Also im at the stage where im binding "Biff" to a rig so should be able to animate him soon.

Cant believe i never joined here sooner, love it!!

This train is insane!!
# 4 27-03-2011 , 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

Cant believe i never joined here sooner, love it!!

I can't either. user added image Seriously though, welcome to SM, this place is pretty cool. Hang out!

- Genny
# 5 27-03-2011 , 06:02 PM
SM Tea Boy
Welcome to SimplyMaya user added image

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 6 29-03-2011 , 02:07 PM
DangerDave80
user added imageCheers folksuser added image

This train is insane!!
# 7 29-03-2011 , 05:16 PM
Subscriber
You know what - I can tell your at uni doing this stuff - That not a crit but its the same style/level I saw while I was at uni. Which one you going to ??? I went to Swansea.

But welcome here - this is where I got most of the skills I use now, great friendly people.

Like your main character - only crit - Belt loops.

# 8 30-03-2011 , 01:50 PM
DangerDave80
Thanks man, yeah i think i know what you mean with the Uni style, its probably the same sort of teaching style through out Universities. I go to Edinburgh's Napier University and im about to finish up so im hoping to get into some kind of CG work. Anything really although ive developed a real passion for modelling. Im going to stick with this site and ive just bought more video credits as i think practice practice practice is really the best way to develop my skills further. Would you have any tips for me to get into the CG industry. Really im looking for that all important, foot in the door.

This train is insane!!
# 9 30-03-2011 , 01:55 PM
SM Tea Boy

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 10 30-03-2011 , 02:01 PM
The Nurb Herd
hey man, i'm from Edinburgh.

# 11 30-03-2011 , 02:26 PM
DangerDave80
Ahh good to see a fellow Scots man on here, and Yeah they must be letting anybody in these days! user added imageuser added image

Thanks for that article on Jason, Ive watched through his tutorial on Chef Ramsay and love his style. I think im going to learn a lot from his videos.

Right im off to read the article! lol!

This train is insane!!