Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 22-02-2004 , 04:26 AM
Subscriber

animating

I have made gear start turing by moving it with the manipulator and setting the key but for some reason after i set the key and move it again and then play it it will stop where i set the key and start going the other way?? sorry if i am confusing i would send a movie as a visual but it renders at 140 MB soooo thats a problem

Thanks, chris

An idea is delicate.
It can be killed by a sneer or yawn,
It can be stabbed to death by a joke
Or worried to death by a frown
On the right persons brow.
-Charles Browers
# 2 22-02-2004 , 04:31 AM
Subscriber
i have found out why it was rendering so big i had the compression thing on best so i am re-rendering it and i shouldnt be so big

Chris

An idea is delicate.
-Charles Browers
# 3 23-02-2004 , 12:47 AM
u could use a free utility call virtual dub to convert your files to DivX, more economical.
If your gear is turning constantly, try using an expession by right clicking on rotate (x/y/z) and writing "rotateX=time/X;" x being 1-60 as to how fast u want it.

# 4 23-02-2004 , 01:15 AM
Subscriber
thanks worked great

An idea is delicate.
-Charles Browers
# 5 23-02-2004 , 07:50 AM
Expressions are always great, anyway remeber that animating rotations could be a bit tricky...
If you use the manipulators for rotating an object and than you key that position, Maya will convert it in a 0-360 range. So if you try to key for example 3 rotations, Maya actually key only 1!
If you wish to key rotations for values greater than 360°, than you have to write the value in the rotation fields whithout using the manipulators and keying that field.

Hope this helps