Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 08-04-2012 , 12:16 PM

Batch Rendering issue

I am having the most frustrating issue. I have a scene that I am trying to render with Final Gather. If I try and do a batch render, it doesn't render it with Final Gather on. No matter what I try, I cannot get Final Gather to stay on for the batch render. Any ideas?

ps. The scene is using Vue xStream and it has a car driving down a road during the day. The person inside the car is completely black unless I turn on Final Gather. The road is also completely black unless I turn on Final Gather. That's why I am having to use FG.

# 2 08-04-2012 , 02:31 PM
Technical Director

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 08-04-2012 , 02:33 PM

# 4 08-04-2012 , 04:43 PM
Technical Director
Could you bake the final gather? Do you have the final gather locked?

# 5 09-04-2012 , 04:18 AM
Just found out that the RANCH doesn't use batch rendering. But I am having another issue. My road looks fine during the render when it is computing the final gather points, but the moment it gets to actually doing the mental ray render, the road turns from OK to flat black. Ideas?

# 6 12-04-2012 , 12:42 PM

My Arabic Client

Please check my rendering, i like to know how to improve my rendering.

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 12-04-2012 , 03:43 PM
Technical Director

Please check my rendering, i like to know how to improve my rendering.

Please create your own thread for this.