Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 03-08-2004 , 05:11 AM

MAYA Modeling - Newbie Question

Hey guys I'm working on a model that I'm having some issues with, I'm new to MAYA (transitioning from Max), i started with polys converted to SubD, but I've gotten to the point where I'm not aure how to merge or stitch everything together, I've tried ataching the SubD surfaces, but it looks like it does it but I still have gaps and holes ... any suggestions ... what am i doing wrong ... and my vertices match ... thanks

p.s. & BTW I'm using Maya 5 on a MAC

here's a sample of my scene file

Attached Images
# 2 03-08-2004 , 11:43 AM
Subscriber
Hey there.

Just convert your model back to polys, then make sure that all of your vertices have a partner. Poly combine all the parts, merge the vertices then convert the whole thing back to sub-d's.

Its best to do all of your merging verts, poly splitting, etc, in poly mode, then just convert to sub-d's at the end for final detailing. Thats what I do anyway. I just keep two shortcut icons on my shelf, one for converting to polys, one for converting to sub-d's, so I can quickly change my model between them to see how its looking.

Hope this helps, your model looks like its coming along well!

user added image user added image