Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 16-07-2018 , 10:35 PM

Alembic imported daz models won't work as colliders

I've been following a reallusion tutorial and animating characters in iclone and exporting as alembic into Maya. Everything is working fine except if I try to add ncloth to the daz characters Maya crashes either when I make the model a passive collider or when I press play to begin the simulation. If it's an iclone model it works and if it's a daz model imported as fbx it works. Only alembic daz genesis 3 and 8 crash.
Does anyone have any idea why this is happening or what I can do to try and fix it?

I've been searching and searching and the only scrap of information that might be related is a post I found somewhere mentioning Maya having a problem recognizing alembic as a collision object.