Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 06-12-2004 , 12:28 AM

nurbs gap

hey guys im sure this question has been answered before but i couldnt find it. im trying to model some rims and when i render it out i get these gaps between the different pieces. i cut the wholes in the rims using a circular fillet + trim. i circled the places on the attached image:

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 06-12-2004 , 10:07 PM
and mtmckinley dont tell me to use polys lol :p

# 3 15-12-2004 , 01:47 PM
Subscriber
Hi there.

You need to select each of of your NURBs surfaces, and under the attribute editor for each surface you'll see 'Tessellation'. Select 'Highest quality', and bump up U and V divisions factor to the highest it will go. This will increase render times, but sort out those dodgy NURBs surfaces when you render. A good way to see the difference this makes is to extrude a circle along a curve. Render it at low res tessellation - the cyclinder will be jagged. Increase the tessellation quality, and it will render out nice and smoothly.

Hope this helps

LisaG user added image

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/
# 4 15-12-2004 , 09:34 PM
its strange i already did that and it still didnt work. i ended up just redoing the entire model and it worked fine. strange.
thanks anyway tho

# 5 16-12-2004 , 11:38 AM
Subscriber
Hmmm, wierd.

Never mind, at least you've got it working now, which is good. The wheel looks fab by the way, I've seen that tut on the web, I must give it a go myself.

LisaG

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/
# 6 16-12-2004 , 12:44 PM