Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 14-04-2005 , 07:55 AM
Subscriber

Crotch Rocket

Hi,

Here is a bike for a little project I'm making. I think the bike would be in med to tight med shots, so i probably wont make it into a very high detailed model. Still I would like it to resemble a bike.

Obviously the shading is just to outline some stuff. They are going to change for the final texturing.

I am probably about 85% done on modelling. Mostly only little details and techie bits to go.

I'm looking forward towards your suggestion.

Alex

user added image

user added image

user added image

MSN: mizin_alex@hotmail.com
E-MAIL: mizina@alphalink.com.au
# 2 14-04-2005 , 09:09 PM
Subscriber
The modelling is all mixed with polygons, nurbs and subds. MOstly the main body is polygons converted to subds, creased and then converted back to polygons for MR render. the engine is mostly polgons but there are some tubes and lofts and extrudes there.

When converted from subd to polygons on adaptive level 3 the hwole model is about 30k.

# 3 14-04-2005 , 09:12 PM
Subscriber
one question.

what compression whould i sue for posting online pics. As you can see the JPEGs im using at the moment at fairly low quality.

# 4 14-04-2005 , 10:06 PM
Subscriber
JPEG should be fine... what you have to look at is the level of compression you're using in what ever program you're using. For example Photoshop shop as 12 quality levels that correlate to the compression. A quality of 1 is highly compressed but also generally look like crap. A quality of 12 is amazingly true to the original image but has very little compression.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 5 15-04-2005 , 11:22 PM
Subscriber
THanks,

I usually render out JPEGs straight from maya. It does not give you an option at the quality. I think...

I've done slightly more work on the whole bike. it may not look like much but that's probably all the modelling im gonna do.

Attached Thumbnails