Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 19-01-2006 , 01:29 AM

Merge edges?

I'm making a model of a cartoonish cat that i drew up. I have it started with a head, neck, and body that are all seperate. Well I want to combine them together and im trying to merge the edges of the seperate parts(ie head to neck, neck to body) but once i select an edge on the neck, it won't let me select an edge of the body to connect it. Just wondering if there is something special I need to do or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated

rob

# 2 19-01-2006 , 04:53 PM
Rather than merging the edges, I would merge the vertices. First snap the vertices from one part to the other by pressing V. Make sure that the parts are combined and then use the merge vertices tool - you may need to adjust the option box settings.

I think this is right, but I am new to Maya, so I am not sure.

# 3 20-01-2006 , 06:53 PM
I figured it out... I wasn't aware that you had to combine the objects first, so everything works fine, thanks for the help though