Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 10-12-2008 , 08:50 AM

Nut allergy hysteria

Of all the things people could get hysterical over, people prefer peanuts...

Link

Remember children, if you see a peanut on the floor, don't touch it and tell an adult straight away! :p

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 2 10-12-2008 , 08:25 PM
Acid44
hahawhen i was in elementary school the teachers would freak out whenever a kid brought a peanut butter sandwich to school for lunch... i remember one day when one of my friends brought one he got suspended for a week for it because we had an announcement that morning saying that anyone who brought one would be suspended... i dont really know how the principal overlooked the fact that giving an announcement that morning only meant it could stop people from bringing one for lunch from the next day and on...

# 3 10-12-2008 , 09:18 PM
Escuse my language, but..... That is redonkulous :p

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 4 10-12-2008 , 10:12 PM
Acid44

Originally posted by Joopson
Escuse my language, but..... That is redonkulous :p

ahaha that's a word i'd expect from you XD

# 5 10-12-2008 , 10:53 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
HOLD EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angery:

Peanuts are NOT nuts
they are a type of pea

you need to watch QI

# 6 11-12-2008 , 05:05 AM
Subscriber
while that article is far too long, and has an awfully boring start I must say that as a kid with a peanut allergy, It sucked going to school when kids were bringing peanuts to class or peanut butter sandwiches. Why? Because as a lethal allergy, people had to know about it. But people are douche bags. when teachers told the kids, I suddenly had kids pushing their vicious sandwiches in my face.
Try telling a 5 year old how to deal with having something that will kill them jammed in their face.

Being that allergies are much more common these days, I appreciate that airplanes give out pretzels and that most schools do not allow peanuts onto premises.
I remember when I was 6 at christmas, my aunt had bought bags of M&M's for my sisters and I. She got them peanut ones, and got me a bag of plain aka NUT free. Or so the package advertised. But low and behold, my bag was full of peanut candies.

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 7 11-12-2008 , 07:35 AM

Originally posted by elephantinc
HOLD EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angery:

Peanuts are NOT nuts
they are a type of pea

you need to watch QI

lol... True, but I believe in the culinary arts, a peanut is considered to be a nut, just like corn is considered to be a vegetable when it is a grain... user added image

@ acid44

That's crazy! Maybe the principle was the one allergic to peanuts, like Skinner! :p

@ alexanderH

Man, thats bad... Maybe those teachers should probaly not have told everyone...

I am allergic to nuts (including peanuts), so I have to be vigilant in what I eat, but freaking out over peanuts IMHO is a bit over the top... Evacuating a bus because of a lone peanut and concern over peanuts in sealed cans is a bit concerning itself...

Fortunately, the school I went to was a bit more sensible, and they didn't ban everything, nor did the the kids attack me with their peanuts.

# 8 11-12-2008 , 09:42 AM
I remember when I found out that peanuts grew underground, got to say I was a little shocked, I thought they were on the ends of a bush or something.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 9 11-12-2008 , 09:50 AM

Originally posted by gster123
I remember when I found out that peanuts grew underground, got to say I was a little shocked, I thought they were on the ends of a bush or something.

That was what I thought when I was a kid...

I remember trying to imagine what a peanut bush looked like! :p

# 10 11-12-2008 , 09:54 AM
Yeah, I then tried to plant some dry roasted one day to see if they would grow, surprisingly they didnt.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 11 11-12-2008 , 10:02 AM

Yeah, I then tried to plant some dry roasted one day to see if they would grow, surprisingly they didnt.

That may have been because they have been roasted and salted! :p

# 12 11-12-2008 , 11:09 AM
Acid44

Originally posted by The Architect
That may have been because they have been roasted and salted! :p

i disagree! that should just make them grow without needing to have delicious-ness added :p

# 13 11-12-2008 , 12:58 PM
Subscriber

first i've heard of this ground growing thing...

acid: you have a point! they should be growing naturally salted!

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D