Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 15-03-2009 , 07:05 PM
just Like hammer said
thx

Last edited by enoch99; 15-03-2009 at 07:09 PM.
# 17 15-03-2009 , 08:52 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by enoch99
Perfecto, that's not comparable with what i come across browsing the net - almost 6000$. May be i have seen a price for different version

that sounds like the old price, it was reduced to match XSI by the looks of it, back in the old days
so now its $4995 US for Maya Unlimited, or $1995 for Maya complete. These are commercial versions though

i found this:
https://www.studica.com/
something there about a student pack. Perpetual licence for $388.95, includes Maya Unlimited, Motion Builder, and Toxik

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 18 16-03-2009 , 04:29 PM
thx for the link chirone.
I've read it's possible to import already modeled objects to your maya scene.How?which file types can be imported: obj,max, 3ds, dxf? i couldn't find .mb so far....any ideas?

# 19 16-03-2009 , 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by enoch99
thx for the link chirone.
I've read it's possible to import already modeled objects to your maya scene.How?which file types can be imported: obj,max, 3ds, dxf? i couldn't find .mb so far....any ideas?

Thats's odd, the .mb and .ma formats should be on the top of that drop down list when you're importing stuff can't miss them really.

- Genny
# 20 16-03-2009 , 07:36 PM
Gect what i meant is i couldnot find .mb and .ma models as much as .max and .obj on the net (turbo squid)...how can i add such file to my maya scene?

# 21 16-03-2009 , 08:21 PM
Super Moderator
Theres atleast some Maya stuff on there, but it seems to be mostly geared toward 3DStudio Max.

I know you can get some free rigged characters from the 11 second club
https://www.11secondclub.com/resources/

And more freebs, thiis a link from Jeremy Birns' lighting challenges over on CGTalk
https://www.3drender.com/challenges/index.htm

Unzip/unrar them, drop them into your project folder if you like, then in Maya, go to File>Import and browse :p

- Genny