Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 08-03-2011 , 04:15 PM

March Challenge - Environment - s2-speedy

Hi All,

I've only just noticed a new challenge. After briefly starting the last 1 and not finishing, ive decided to have a go at this one and hope to complete it this time.

Never done a full environment before, im use to doing characters, so this is a bit out of my depth but should be good fun learning. Anyways, im planning on doing an underwater environment... with some ruins under the sea with the sun light beams just flickering through the top of the surface and all the other underwater stuff you might sea, coral, fish, shark, sea weed etc.

Attached is a quick sketch just so you get the idea of what I'm aiming for. Again, ill have to keep it fairly low poly as im still working on a old machine at the moment. Once ive upgraded ill aim higher. user added image

Cheers,

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 08-03-2011 , 05:35 PM
Good luck, I Like the concept. It looks like you are going with a greek/roman feel to the ruins from the concept image, is that right?

# 3 09-03-2011 , 08:58 AM
Got it in 1 TD! user added image