Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 07-03-2004 , 06:08 PM
Subscriber

Red Terror (Star Wars robot)

Well, here I am, back at it again after many many months of no modeling at all. I found a neat droid to model from the "Star Wars Essential Guide to Droids" book I have. Making conceptual drawings into 3D is probably what I like to do the most.

Time taken: 7 hours.
Modeled all in polygons.
Concept art by Bill Hughes and schematics by Troy Vigil.

and no..... I don't plan to texture it. At least not any time soon.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Darkware; 07-03-2004 at 09:46 PM.
# 2 07-03-2004 , 07:07 PM
Lovely... Now let's see it textured and animated user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 07-03-2004 , 07:43 PM
The Maya Mountain
Pretty neat. user added image

# 4 07-03-2004 , 07:49 PM
Subscriber
lol. Well, I don't know if I even can because I don't know what it's supposed to look like really. The conceptual drawing was only a pencil version and google doesn't have any pictures of it, so I'm out of luck. I suppose I could texture it how I think it might look, but meh..... the second I do that, someone will stick what it's really supposed to look like up somewhere. =P

Here's a question though: I'd like to take a picture of the conceptual drawing so you all can see the comparison from pencil to 3D, but I don't know if it's legal to do that because I had to pay for the book it's from. Does anyone know if I'm allowed to do this?

# 5 07-03-2004 , 09:23 PM
Nice Detailing user added image
Maybe if you gave referance to the auther then it would be ok, at least you cant be held for blatent theft.

# 6 07-03-2004 , 09:48 PM
Subscriber
ahh thankyou for reminding me dragonsfire. I edited the post to include the coneptualist and schematics dudes.

# 7 07-03-2004 , 11:35 PM
Whery nice job, will you texturate it? and animate it?

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

Sorry for bad English, See ya
dead mosquito-blog-on english too
# 8 07-03-2004 , 11:52 PM
Subscriber
Thankyou Ankalagon. I will probably not texture it because I don't know what the texture is supposed to look like. I rarely animate in the first place, so if and when I do animate something, I would probably want to animate something that is textured, so this droid will probably just stay as it is right now.

# 9 08-03-2004 , 12:12 AM
jup he can wait for right moment, just find some kind of safe place for him!!! user added image

Best resolt would come, if every one in the group are doing what is best for himself and the group!!

# 10 14-03-2004 , 06:50 PM
that my job

# 11 14-03-2004 , 10:32 PM
Subscriber
good polymodeling! I love the details on it! good job..

# 12 14-03-2004 , 11:17 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the replies guys. Here's a few more shots.....

Attached Thumbnails
# 13 15-03-2004 , 12:45 AM
Hey budy for how long are you working in maya. you have some nice skills there!!!Have you worked in some 3d studio???

# 14 15-03-2004 , 02:02 AM
Subscriber
I have been working with Maya for a year and 7 months so far I believe, so not that long really. I should have more stuff completed for my website, but I don't have enough time unfortunately. And me working in a studio? lol not quite... I'm only 18 years old. I hope to work for a studio one day though or some kind of company that creates video games or special effects or something. user added image

thanks for the comments though. You are too kind. user added image

# 15 15-03-2004 , 04:28 AM
Subscriber
Nice workuser added image