Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 19-02-2005 , 07:41 PM

Problem with Lights

hi
Im adding light to my model
and I want my camera to capture or render one of the lights as if it was a light bulb
how can i do it?

ill explain better. I have a model and it has a light bulb.
I tried amny things but the bulb still looks like a textured sphere with no lights
the lights affect the whole model but don't affect the camera and my model doesn't look as i want it to look like.
i want to have the same effect as if in real life, a camera would take a shoot of a lit light bulb of a regular lamp.

tahnk you very much for any help
I appreciate it

# 2 19-02-2005 , 09:11 PM
Subscriber
ramp up the incandescent channel in the sphere's material attributes. This will simulate a glow. Once incandescent is on, you'll be able to adjust the glow attributes also.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."

Last edited by mhcannon; 19-02-2005 at 09:49 PM.
# 3 19-02-2005 , 11:14 PM
Thanks a lot it worked perfectly
thanks again

# 4 20-02-2005 , 12:28 AM
Subscriber
You're welcome. Just be sure to "pay it foward" for the next person that you can help.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."