Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 22-08-2005 , 11:49 AM

HELP ON TEXTURE

have been trying to get that kind of texture with maya, but its not work. have tried bump mapping its not working fine.

please i need help.if you have any thing i can do please let me know. PEACE.

Attached Images
# 2 07-09-2005 , 11:03 AM
Subscriber
hi
You could mess around in maya for hours trying to get that same texture. I have no doupt it can be done, by using either noise, ramps or fractial nodes. If i was going to do something like that, i would be looking around for some high res, photos of cement. Change the photo to greyscale, then invert it. Save it out as a bump map.
Then in maya, you could use the orginal cement photo for your colour, and then add the bump map that you just made. With some good lighting it would look as good as that photo.
If you are going to have it cover a large area, you would need to make it tileable in photoshop or some other compisition proggy.

Also you could use a displacement map, added with the bump map. That would add some realism, but also you would need to have a fairly high tessellation on the plane.

just some suggestions.. Peace! user added image

There's nothing normal about normals. In FACT i think the are abnormal.

Last edited by antiant; 07-09-2005 at 11:14 AM.
# 3 08-09-2005 , 02:08 PM
antiant thanks very much you really helped me alot . May be i will send the rendered image so other time.user added image

give to life want you want from it.
# 4 12-09-2005 , 10:33 AM
This are some of the rendered images. Let me know if it looks like the picture i posted first.

Attached Thumbnails

# 5 17-09-2005 , 11:25 AM
can you guys pls tell me what is the last step after projecting ,organizing the uvs in the uv texture editor, taking the screen shot and painting in photoshop. what i really dont get here is how to assign the painted image to the main model.and also i like to know what this uvs setting have to do with the main modelled object.

# 6 17-09-2005 , 12:54 PM
Subscriber
hey bala2007
I did reply to this thread about a week ago, but its gone user added image
Anyhow i like your texure, it looks quite real, I expecially like the tiles youve done on the floor. And its good to see you have dirty them up in the corners as well, too many people tend to have a sterile enviroment. Are you modeling a whole house?

gale_mccy
This is the way i would go about it.
First assign a texuture to you object.
Then select all the faces you want to project the map onto. Example a planar map. Project it, then with it selected organise it in your uv map editor. Make sure its in the 0,1 area. (All the uv's fit in the top right square) If they dont you texture will beginin to tile.
Once youve done that you can either take a screen shot, or export uv map. I usually do this, and it good because you can tell it the size you want it.
Then i load the uv map in photoshop. Create a new layer, and paint the uv map. ONce its done i then save it out as eg.. body.tga
Then go back into maya, go into the hypershade and go to the attributes of the shader that you assigned to the model. Click on the file node, and add the texture.
user added image
Tis done.

Hope this helps.

# 7 17-09-2005 , 03:43 PM
actually, am creating the environment for an animation.

do you have any tips you think we help. please let me know

# 8 17-09-2005 , 09:10 PM
Subscriber
do you have your project in the wip forum? If not, you should because others will be able to help you along with your project. Im not great at animation.

# 9 17-09-2005 , 10:55 PM
Thanks. But how?

# 10 18-09-2005 , 12:53 AM
Subscriber

# 11 19-09-2005 , 04:37 PM
thanks antiant. here is the head im trying to texture. its not all that well, but i think i did great , it took me 4 hours,i now get the tricks and tips, ill just take my time to map the uvs.

Attached Thumbnails
# 12 20-09-2005 , 04:48 AM
Subscriber
Good effert.
It looks like you have the ears and the nose seperate. What you should do is make it from the one object. Use the extude poly, and make your nose straight from the face. This way it wont look like a serperate object on the face. And also the same with the ears.
Theres many ways to model a head, but i find the box modeling my favourite.
Here are some links all modeling head, but useing a differnt method. Maybe you could try them all, and see which one sits with you best.

https://www.thehobbitguy.com/tutorials/polymodeling/

https://www.caligraphics.dk/id2.php?c.../head/head.htm

https://www.3drender.com/jbirn/ea/HeadModel.html

Time laps vids.. - gives you ideas
https://www.stickman.de/content/stuff.../model_2_0.htm

https://cal.jmu.edu/ratner/tutorials/1/
using differnt software but same princible

https://www.benbathen.com/Tutorial.html

hope these help, and dont let them confuse you more. Just take your time..
Keep it up user added image