Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 18-03-2006 , 05:54 PM
Subscriber

Animating Eyes

Hi,

I have seen it done where the eyes follow a box which is just infront of the face.

How do i do this for my character where the eyes always look at the box, wherever it is moved in the scene?

Thanks for any help

Steve

# 2 20-03-2006 , 01:09 PM
It's really easy.

Place a box ( or sphere or whatever) infront of your model. Do your best to make it look like the eyes are looking at the box.

Select the box then select one of the eyes then go to the constraint> AIM and click it. Do the same for the other eye. The eyes will now look at the box no matter where you move it.

You can also parent constraint the box to one of the head joints on your skeleton so that the box will move with the head but will also allow you to turn off the constraint so that you can move the box independent of the head. It just depends on what you're trying to do.