Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 12-07-2007 , 01:07 PM
Subscriber
thank you marlonjohn. If I'm going to be adding fur/hair to the camel will it still need the detail? Not that I'm trying to get out of detailing, just wondering if it is needed completely with the hair/fur? Just curious, never done hair/fur before so I don't know.

This whole project has been a huge challenge for me. My second model without a previously drawn reference, and no tutorial as a guideline. Plus I'm trying to add particles or fluid effects which I've also never done. Having a lot of fun, also having a lot of stress, haha.

# 17 30-07-2007 , 01:45 AM
Subscriber
so I've spent the last month trying to learn realflow, and I'm still having a really hard time figuring out exactly how I'm going to make sand blow across the surface. I'm also trying to learn maya fluids to give that a shot but I don't have the maya fluids training video yet.

Anyone please, I just need the basic setup to make it look like sand, and from there I can figure out how to make it blow in the wind.

I don't want to put this project to sleep but this sand thing is really annoying me but I feel the need for it in this project for some reason. I guess for that touch of realism, although I'm not going for a totally real scene.