Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 18-11-2004 , 04:50 AM

female body

Trying to model a female character. This is what I have at this point. Any c&c?

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 18-11-2004 , 11:11 PM
Technical Director
breast's are a little too pointy. And you might want to make the character a little bit more thick. Right now she is too skinny around the sides. And also around the butt, its too curvey and thin.

But nice work so far.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 19-11-2004 , 07:17 PM
Subscriber
A good start, i'd say you have a bit to much geometry at the moment. If you delete a few loops in the legs and abdomen area it should make shaping alot easier for you. Keep the updates coming.

# 4 20-11-2004 , 04:10 AM
Thanks for the comments Peltra & Lonepig.

A little update. Been working most on the legs, torso and feet. The abs are just a test so dont mind them too much. Having some problems with the feet to get the overall shape good. Can't find any good reference images, anyone? The hand looks like sh*t but I haven't spend many minutes on it.

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 20-11-2004 , 10:42 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey DJ

Yeah I would have to agree, dont put to much detail in right now, as things like nipples and abs can wait, I think shes a little flat all round at the moment, build the form up a bit more then get into the 'goods' later. Best of luck...

_J

# 6 20-11-2004 , 10:48 AM
Heres one I did a little while ago, but am going back to it soon, it may help you a bit I hope.

_J

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 20-11-2004 , 10:53 AM
And some feet

_J

Attached Thumbnails
# 8 20-11-2004 , 01:14 PM
Thanks Jango! Much appreciated!

# 9 21-11-2004 , 12:44 AM
Subscriber
on the right track I'd have to say! This reminds me that I need to work on mine femalebody again...but you know the common' problem....no time user added image ah well nice seeing your progress...keep it up!

btw. don't we just love how Jango can allways advice us trough his own experience >>?? I DO! thanks dude, lovin'it

# 10 21-11-2004 , 04:50 PM
Subscriber
Yes thats a nice start, follow mr Jangos advice and you will become pro in no time user added image

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 11 23-11-2004 , 07:53 PM
Update: Been working on the front torso mostly, beginning to look pretty nice I think

Attached Thumbnails
# 12 23-11-2004 , 08:15 PM
Subscriber
Nice job, I see you fixed the feet aswell. But what happend to her arms?

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 13 23-11-2004 , 08:23 PM
Gonna work on those soon... and I have separated the hand, so it's easier to model it

# 14 24-11-2004 , 09:42 PM
Looking better than it was before. However, I think that her shoulders and hips need to be wider and broader, since women tend to have an "hour-glass figure" where it is wider at the shoulder and hip area, but it slims at the waist-I just thought I'd point that out. :p Also, the arms need some progress-they need to be longer and broader, for they seem a little too short and thin right now. Keep up the good progress though, DJbLAZER! user added image Looking forward to seeing more of your WIP!

~CGPMaya84 (also DragonTU84 from SimplyPhotoshop and CPAnimate84 from SimplyMax)
# 15 25-11-2004 , 01:19 AM
Subscriber
Strange that, when i show my female models to my girlfriend and my female friends they always seem to say the same thing. Hips broader, shoulders wider, belly rounder, ass bigger. I think its us males seeing the world through tainted glasses (tainted with lust, love, beer or just outright stupidity- take ur pick) A fatal flaw when it comes to 3d modelling user added image

But on a serious note shes still looking a little flat. Grab that scale tool and drag it along the z-axis a bit. Just a touch mind. Looking forawrd to seeing the end of this after ur last model. (Check his avatar, its all DJ's!)