Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 07-06-2005 , 08:57 PM

Subdivision components

hi, i just got new computer. and i put in GeForce FX 550/256mb.

i know the video card is not supported, but so far... everything of maya seem to work well.. EXCEPT the subdivision vertices NOT showing "0" but as "dots"...

dots like the UV dots, but color is like it should be.

i am guessing it is because of video card, and it does not bother me too much.

but just incase i set Maya up wrong, is there an option to show it to "0"s? when i refine, they do not show as "1"s either,.. they are still shown as cubes, like Uv points.

Does anyone know any problems GeForce FX 5500 gives to Maya other than this? Thx!

# 2 07-06-2005 , 09:14 PM
Subscriber
Hey, I don't think it's your card. Check the settings and preferences under Subdiv. You can select between dots and numbers. at least i hope that's the case and not a faulty card.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 09-06-2005 , 08:11 AM
and once again, Mr. Cannon saves the day! Man, he always saves me from agony of maya.

haha, Thank!!!!!!!