Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 30-09-2002 , 08:25 AM
Kevin

So - What you all do ?

Me - I try to Run my company ...Ace Web Design Ltd, look after this place - hobbies include:

Football (Liverpool being my team)
Love Curry
Like a few beers
Maya

How bout you guys?

# 2 30-09-2002 , 08:37 AM
Subscriber
well im at school at the moment doing A2's; uni next year to study 3d user added image

hobbies...well

hehe like a few beers
Maya
Counter-strike
love chinese f00d
watch a lot of films and stuff too

# 3 30-09-2002 , 08:46 AM

Somewhat of a Bio ...

Adldesigner is an 8th semester Graphics Design Enterprises Management student, living in Venezuela (South America for those who don´t know), hoping to make a career out of Medical and arquitectural visualization projects.

He lives in a 3x2 mts room along with his trusthy HP Pavilion,some big speakers, and some furry thingies that some girlfriends of him gave him in the past.

Likes a lot Papa John´s delivery, Soccer also (Ajax being his team), Loves a good night out (as a matter of fact tries to go out every frigging time he has a chance to), Movie cinema, even poetry sometimes and above all loves his little brother, who understands why "he wants to do cartoons for a living" ... user added image

Owns an 81´Ford Mustang Model (which gives him trouble when least expected) and till one month ago had a girlfriend (adldesigner doesn´t like commitment for the time being)

adldesigner also had a near death experience which has changed the ways he thinks about a lot of stuff ... and wishes everybody thought a bit more about what they care about.

Hmm .. guess this was way too much .. but hell, If I´m staying here might as well know me right? Lol

Looking forward to your own bios! user added image

# 4 30-09-2002 , 09:23 AM
I'll be brief here (you can find out more on my web site)...

I'm an (bored-to-his-job) automation technician from Finland.
I like doing 3D, gfx, sfx, video and everything related. Recently I also started taking lessons on conventional drawing as well. I hope I could work somewhere on the 3D field in the future.

Oh, and spicy food rocks! =)

Btw, beer is not the question. Beer is the answer user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!

Last edited by kbrown; 30-09-2002 at 09:25 AM.
# 5 30-09-2002 , 09:42 AM
Subscriber

About me

I'm a recent college graduate, the course was 3d design for video games. I'm a 6'8", non-basketball playing computer junkie... who can't see himself doing much than playing video games and Maya of course. I love Italian food. Job wise I'm a part-time freelance graphic/web designer, and I hope to find myself moving west, Vancouver, Canada.. or California, USA designing video games for some awesome gaming company. Or maybe doing special effects for movies & music vids. user added image

# 6 30-09-2002 , 09:43 AM
Subscriber
Oh how can I forget, user added image gotta have my beer!

# 7 30-09-2002 , 09:48 AM
Kevin
wow.. 6'8", dam... come on mate...got to upload a pic now user added image

# 8 30-09-2002 , 09:51 AM
How much is 6'8" in metric system? Anyone know?

# 9 30-09-2002 , 09:52 AM
Kevin

Originally posted by adldesigner
How much is 6'8" in metric system? Anyone know?

It comes under "big" user added image

# 10 30-09-2002 , 09:58 AM
Well .. I mean ..I´m uhhh 1.98 mts tall so I guess I´m "big" also .. Lol

# 11 30-09-2002 , 10:20 AM
Well amd I am a CLP (certified Lotus Professional) and CLA (Certified Lotus Administrator) and PC support Engineer at a big post company in Holland. And work alot with Lotus/Domino user added image

And in my spare time love to do some 3D in Maya and play a gain or so when i am in the mood.

And damn, 6'8" is tall ! I am 6'1" and that is approx 1.85 (Not sure !)

The Important Thing is NOT to Stop Questioning.
--- Albert Einstein ---
www.ProtheusWorld.tk
# 12 30-09-2002 , 11:42 AM
Subscriber

Digital Artist

I'm Digital Artist (no 3D..only Photoshop and stuff)...making all kinds of graphics...webdesign (hate it !! ;O)), Animation Stuff for Presentations, this and that....everything...mainly packaging...

Love my computers...sometimes more than my girlfriend...playing Volleyball in my spare-time 1.93m tall (smaller than some of you guys in this case).

Well...that's it...want to work in 3D-Business in the near future..but have to get better....really better...but i guess i'm on the right track...

b u l l e t

# 13 30-09-2002 , 11:49 AM
Subscriber
26 years old. Currently live in Lincoln (UK) with my folks while saving for a house deposit (next summer if all goes to plan).

1st class Mechanical Engineering degree from UMIST (University of Mancehster Institute of Science & Technology).

Left uni and worked for 2 years at "Alvis Vehicles" on armoured vehicles (mainly Middle East market vehicles, although did a bit on some British Army stuff).

Now working as an Engineering Consultant at Atkins in Derby, where I spend (waste?) my time doing:
- UNIX (Solaris) administration, soon to be PC Linux (Redhat)
- Finite Element modelling and assessment (stuff like train crashes, component impacts, dropped impacts, vibration testing, etc....)
- "Hand calc" engineering assessments. Mainly assessing designs against national / international standards.

Spare time (what spare time?!)....
- Linux (not been doing anything with it for a while though)
- Maya for the last 2-3 weeks, not really capable of doing anything yet... unless you're into cubes, or spheres user added image
- Medal of Honor Allied Assault on internet
- Computer fiddling / fixing
- Maths (don't laugh)
- Programming (not done any of this for a while either, but play about with VB, Python and C)
.... yep, I need to get out more! But at the moment am suffering 4 hours of train commuting a day, so not much evening time.

I got interested in Maya because I've been looking for something artistic to do. I don't have any plans to make a career out of it - just for fun ! I'd like to be able to do photo-realistic renders of objects, although I'm getting quite excited by what I'm seeing on the animation front...

P.S. Bullet, the work I've seen of yours on this site rocks. You may be nearer than you think !
P.P.S. I can't wait to see Nut's bio !!!!!!!!

Last edited by badbunny; 30-09-2002 at 12:07 PM.
# 14 30-09-2002 , 03:55 PM
im a student of 3d animation. should be finishing up in jan. then maybe off to another school. if my parents put up with it.

i enjoy the company of me girl. friends. playing video games. need to get back into working out.

i enjoy sleep.zzz and maya..

# 15 30-09-2002 , 04:48 PM
The Maya Mountain
Contract artist, seeking full-time employment. :p

No beer for me, I'm afraid. lol