Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 12-02-2007 , 01:42 PM

"Samleb

Hey, this is a 3D animated movie I made with 4 other people in school last summer. It is a general media school, and we have never gotten any courses in Maya, so don't expect anything really fancy. We have been concentrating more on general storytelling than the 3D technique part.

The titles are in norwegian, but there's no talking in the film, so you'll understand it I hope. And "Samlebåndet" means "the Conveyor Belt" by the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_561oh6SmY

I'd love to hear with you think, and am hoping for lots of critique. user added image

# 2 12-02-2007 , 03:06 PM
Subscriber
Hey there Husam,

I just watched your animation and loved it. A very simple premise undertaken really well. You mentioned that the modelling was nothing fancy but it really worked, it may even have removed some of the charm of the animation if the modeling was any better.

Takje it easy,

Mat.

# 3 12-02-2007 , 05:09 PM
Wow, thanks alot. I'm really glad you liked it Mat. user added image

# 4 12-02-2007 , 09:30 PM
for the most part i liked the modeling and the lighting... the part that wasn't clear was the end, where the dude was laughing and then it was like 'media corp.'... i can only assume you were saying they pump out drones, but i think it would mean more to me if i knew what 'media corp' was...

Accept no substitutions.
# 5 13-02-2007 , 04:10 AM
Think it looked pretty good!

Some parts seemed to drag a little, with just the conveyor belt of drones coming off and not too much going on, in my opinion.

also with neo on the end part, kind of got it but want too sure about the "Media Corps" part.

good work though guys, keep it up

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 6 14-02-2007 , 12:00 PM
Subscriber
I really liked the short, it was good had a good meaning, something I couldn't have done better myself.

My take on the media corp thing at the end is, all these people are made by the government all the same doing the same thing, this guy is laughing because he's in control of the media feeding people what they want to hear, not what is actually going on. Do a quick google or yahoo search about media corp you can see what its all about.

# 7 14-02-2007 , 01:25 PM
Hi,

the movie is basically about how the media is "shaping" people and have such huge impact on us today. And thanks for the comments guys. We love getting feedback of all sorts. It's hard to judge your own stuff properly after working with it for a month. user added image

# 8 11-03-2007 , 09:37 AM
Subscriber
I really liked it man, I had a smile on my face for a portion of it. At the beginning I was so confused about the pink blob in the clear blob, still a little confused user added image. The modeling may not have been too good but it was still a really effective video with the sound and design of everything.

My password is ********.
# 9 13-03-2007 , 03:18 AM
I'm glad you liked it Sephirot. I'm glad you took your time to see it and describe your comments. It would be great if those of you who liked the movie are pressing the "Klikk her for å stemme"-button ("click here to vote") on this page, just below the video window: https://blink.dagbladet.no/amandus/?o...tentid=1176044

It's just a small competition between a few films.

user added image

# 10 13-03-2007 , 04:07 AM
I think it was awsome. The whole Idea of a factory spitting out humans and populate the cities are quite cool!

By the way, youre from norway I suppose?

# 11 13-03-2007 , 04:19 AM
Thank you! Yes, I'm from Norway user added image