Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 08-06-2008 , 03:53 PM
Subscriber

NURBS merge vertices equivalent

Hi

I've starting modeling a character using NURBS and starting with a primitive cylinder. I've started fleshing out my characters body but I stuck with two holes at either end. Basically I looking for a way to merge the vertices so there aren't holes anymore. I know how to do it with polygons but with NURBS it's a mystery any help would be great

Cheers

Attached Images

Ignorance is bliss
# 2 08-06-2008 , 05:27 PM
Lifetime Member
There is no way per say to merge the cv's of NURBS patch together.
You have to understand that a nurbs surface is a 4 sided patch and even though you have a primitve that is a cylinder it is still made up from a 4 side patch curving around to take the shape of a tube which is why you always have an open edge on the tube , so the best you can do is scale the cv's so they are close together but it can't be merged.

You can however join two patches together to make a single larger patch but you still have to get your head around that whatever shape it is, it will still only have 4 sides ( U and V directions ).

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner