Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 31-07-2010 , 02:16 PM
Subscriber

Car Park

I use maya for 10months & i made mostly vehicles. The chronologic order is left to right. The Fiat is not finished yet(some texturing missing).
Crits Welcome

joey

Attached Images
# 2 31-07-2010 , 02:19 PM
Subscriber

Re: Car Park

hmmmm 3840*2160 was the first attachment... this is an hd

Originally posted by Joey81
I use maya for 10months & i made mostly vehicles. The chronologic order is left to right. The Fiat is not finished yet(some texturing missing).
Crits Welcome

joey

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 31-07-2010 , 02:58 PM
The thin red line
Hi Joey81
Looking good, were these tutorial or some you own............dave

# 4 31-07-2010 , 03:04 PM
Subscriber
The first one (Ferrari) was a tutorial (SM) Unfortunately never finished user added image But a lot times watched.
Others were 100% my own works. I used photoshop even for tire bump mapping. Only the Blueprints were from internet.

as i watch them
Maybe the fiat has too small mirrors hmmm

Originally posted by daverave
Hi Joey81
Looking good, were these tutorial or some you own............dave

# 5 31-07-2010 , 04:52 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
The lighting needs sorting out to do the cars any justice. right now it looks like an overcast day. add a light or 2

# 6 31-07-2010 , 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by Jay
The lighting needs sorting out to do the cars any justice. right now it looks like an overcast day. add a light or 2

Quoted for agreement. Throw some light cards in there, make those reflections pop. I don't know if its your render settings or SM crunch down but the image quality took a beating. Could also try using Photobucket or something to avoid the 200kb limit.

- Genny
# 7 01-08-2010 , 01:22 AM
Lifetime Member
They look good mate...yeh a bit more light would help. Use Photobucket or something as GecT said bro.....the quality would be better. I throw in a small 640 x 480 for thr SM site and then attach my dropbox link for the hi quality images.

Well done though...not bad at all.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 8 01-08-2010 , 08:54 AM
Nice modeling here Joey user added image same as before really add few lights in there user added image but other than that nice work

Camrat

# 9 01-08-2010 , 10:03 PM
Subscriber
thx guys!

i used an hdri image for light the sceen. Maybe it was not bright enought. Which light do you use ? drop a few points, or area light ?

# 10 01-08-2010 , 10:59 PM
Wow, Must admit its a very varied selection, I agree with what looks like too small mirrors on the fiat. Not a bad idea to have a chronological render of your models... i should try that.

I would say they all look well for only 10 months use, and i suggest in another 2 months or so go back and do one of them over again from scratch, i have gone back and done a 350z 3 times. First, then 6 months later, then another 6 months later, you would be amazed at the new ways and streamlined methods you will gain in that time. I could probably model that one car well in no time now because of the learned problem solving.

I wish i could help on the rendering though(mine always blow...).

# 11 01-08-2010 , 11:13 PM
Subscriber
3times? woow. You got strong nerves. I built the bugatti 2times. Not from the first step, but before the smoothing. I had to rebuild a lot parts. I know what you re talking about. I saw a lot mistakes in the 2nd turn & i could repair them much faster. Unfortunately as i am working on a car for hours, days......more & more I watch the 3D model so much that my eyes cant find the shape problem. It can be really basic user added image Like an edge on the fiat side.... pfff user added image
It might be cause i am doing it less than a year. routine I think. That's missing user added image I should level up my drawing skill, maybe user added image

Originally posted by twisteddragon33
Wow, Must admit its a very varied selection, I agree with what looks like too small mirrors on the fiat. Not a bad idea to have a chronological render of your models... i should try that.

I would say they all look well for only 10 months use, and i suggest in another 2 months or so go back and do one of them over again from scratch, i have gone back and done a 350z 3 times. First, then 6 months later, then another 6 months later, you would be amazed at the new ways and streamlined methods you will gain in that time. I could probably model that one car well in no time now because of the learned problem solving.

I wish i could help on the rendering though(mine always blow...).

# 12 02-08-2010 , 02:41 AM
Yeah i just checked i've actually done the 350 z 4 times now. I just finished a 2005 Toyota Celica GT-S, last night so i'm thinking of giving the 350 a go again. Its a great car to model with its long flowing lines and simple body style. I might post a wip thread of my celica as i took screen shots of my whole process too.

The only reason i was able to make it through doing the same project so many times was the realization of how much better is was coming out and how much faster i was doing it. That's why i suggest a large time gap between them for a noticeable improvement.

And i highly suggest drawing in your spare time, it doesnt have to be great either, just a simple orthographic sketch, several times in sketches i plan to model i will even sketch out where i need to do edge loops and how to do the wire for awkward edges and angles. Once you understand how the program reacts to things you can plan ahead to compensate for them, and even how to eliminate them entirely. I've saves hours of time on models by simple sketching something from memory as best as i could, because even though you may think you know how something goes together sketching it helps you understand how all the parts fit.

# 13 02-08-2010 , 11:11 AM
Subscriber
You should post a comparing screen here. like gen 1234... i would love to see it !

i made a few new shots with some lights.... i hope it looks better user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 14 02-08-2010 , 11:15 AM
Subscriber
hmmm
i noticed just now that on the Veyron & fiat has little white spots on the nose. Is it from too much light? or why. Which value is not good ?

at last. 3840*2160 accepted

Last edited by Joey81; 02-08-2010 at 11:18 AM.
# 15 02-08-2010 , 11:20 AM
Lifetime Member
Getting better Joey!

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes