Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 08-10-2003 , 06:16 AM

Suggestions for hand

Hi.
I'm working on a cartoony hand for my character. I want to keep it very simply and easy, but something seems odd about the hand i made... something doens't look quite right..

Any suggestions?

Attached Thumbnails

Thanks,
Ari
# 2 08-10-2003 , 06:36 AM
The Maya Mountain
If you relax your hand, your thumb is actually lower then the row of fingers and at an angle.

# 3 08-10-2003 , 08:35 AM
Kevin
make sure splits on the hand go in the correct places, or you will get that crease at top of fingers like yours shows.

# 4 08-10-2003 , 07:23 PM
Subscriber

# 5 08-10-2003 , 10:17 PM
what mtmckinley said was right. the thumb is usually at approx. 45 degrees. the middle finger is usually the longest. the index finger and the finger before the pinky are the same length. thumb and pinky are same lenght also. of course this is from my own observation. hope i helped