Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 31 15-11-2003 , 06:24 AM
Subscriber
ears are starting to straiten out. Plues some other tweeks on face.

Attached Thumbnails
# 32 16-11-2003 , 05:52 AM
Subscriber

Last edited by Pony; 16-11-2003 at 06:01 AM.
# 33 16-11-2003 , 05:59 AM
Subscriber
Still need to do a bit of work on the face, and little details scattered around but I will be starting to make the sciFi prosthetic leg hear shortly.

# 34 16-11-2003 , 06:14 AM
The Maya Mountain
cool stuff user added image

# 35 16-11-2003 , 09:09 AM
Subscriber
Basicly done with the face except the ears are still a little off.

Attached Thumbnails
# 36 16-11-2003 , 01:48 PM
Subscriber
Ears are done.. added some length to the neck and resized the head just a little.. was looking a bit to much like a pony.

Attached Thumbnails
# 37 16-11-2003 , 02:33 PM

Originally posted by Pony
If it was a sword I was thinking about making it more like a light saber. Or if a bow.. well I don't have any ideas for a SciFi bow yet.

If you make a sword, try keeping it more like a sword then a lightsaber.

And an idea for Bow; Make it shoot laser-like projectiles, or glowing arrows. And make it mechanical-elvish design.

# 38 16-11-2003 , 03:34 PM
Subscriber
Well now I toke its leg off ! getting ready to put the bionic part on.

Attached Images

Last edited by Pony; 17-11-2003 at 12:51 AM.
# 39 16-11-2003 , 07:53 PM
Subscriber
Very nice - if one might raise an indelicate subject you might want to check your horse anatomy references for the testicular area.

# 40 17-11-2003 , 12:50 AM
Subscriber
LOL witchy, life is indelicate. I had cheaked on the anatomy and amasingly photos also. I had thought I had it basicly right. So if you don't mind it would be most helpfull if you could tell me more exacly what you see is off. You could PM me if you like about it. I do cheak thoughs PM's. Though I would like to keep it in hear.

and Thanks for the coments.

GrayFox, thanks. with the sword I was thinking about having it basicly the same as hers.. just put some glow around it. enufe so a person would figer out it was a light saber. Thats a thought about the bow. I gess when I get close to doing thoughs things or I need a brake I will start drawing up some difrent ideas see what you all think.

Last edited by Pony; 17-11-2003 at 12:59 AM.
# 41 17-11-2003 , 01:15 AM
Subscriber
No it is fine. Ok, without looking like I obsess about horse's groins (which I don't, but I have fallen off so many I have had time to see under a few, justify justify) the following may be useful;

Male horses keep their penis in a sheath (picture linked below);

https://www.ichregistry.com/images/champ_pink_sheath.jpg

They only hang their penis out for sex or urination etc - think of all the nasty racing accidents there would be over big brush fences if not 8).

The sheath does not look like testicles because it isn't; they are further back and higher up - you don't normally see them on a stallion when looking from regular angles and geldings don't have any anyway of course.

So normally you would see something rather different from your model if the horse is galloping along; not saying it isn't all in there somewhere just usually it isn't all hanging out in the breeze.

user added image

# 42 17-11-2003 , 02:13 AM
Subscriber
WORNING talk about CG Horsy nudity and possible blatant pic’s to fallow.

LOL.. Witchy. Justify justify !! I haven't had as many falls off, and when I did it was off the back so all I seen was the back end and a tail swish just to add insult to injury. Seeing as I don't have horses around right now. (pouts) I had to resort to pic's. Strange people out there.. but thanks to them I figured out some that couldn't be found in anatomy pics off the web. To be blunt unlike some would think right off because of dogs and other animals of the 4 legged kind. On a horse the testicular reign is not toward the back of the hindquarters. Its in a alcove right between the farthest point of the ass and the front point of ware it appears the back legs start connecting with the body. The sheath often fallows along the bottom of the abdomen to a point just past the front of the back legs. Although its a bit different from horse to horse ware that point is.

I think the problem hear is I haven't shown a view ware you could see what was going on underneath there clearly.. there are the testacies and sheath. Its a sheath and not the phallic interment its self.. LOL had I modeled that he might have stepped on it when I animated him. (snickers)

But anyway. I believe I have it right. Lets see though. I will get a pic of the offending aria out in a little.

Thanks for taking the time to notice witchy I appreciate it when people notice detail. After all it would be harder to correct something after I start UV mapping, and rigging.

and for thoughts of you that think I'm strange to get in to anatomical correctness on a part like this. Arwens horse was a stallion. Modelers model breast to get clothing to work right. I expect realism out of my models.
(Justify!!) LOL

# 43 17-11-2003 , 02:29 AM
Subscriber
Hear it is.

Attached Thumbnails
# 44 17-11-2003 , 02:49 AM
The Maya Mountain
oi... tell me it hasn't come to this. lol

# 45 17-11-2003 , 03:08 AM
Subscriber
LOL@Mike.
Just think of it like this. You know how they made all the weapons in LOTR's just like they would have had to make them back then to give the stuff a since of realism ? Same idea with making the horses weapons.. Hoof's etc.. . LOL
Besides I spend all that time researching so I make a accurate horse. So I just feel like if I leave something out thin it will reflect in the rest of my work.