Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 11-05-2006 , 08:32 PM
Subscriber

Windows Media

i am building a laptop, and i was woundering if windows media will still run maya? or should i stick with xp? and will maya be compatible windows vista? o and is hp a good laptop to go with?

Do what you like, like what you do.
# 2 12-05-2006 , 07:03 AM
Dunno about the windows media, I run Maya on XP home and it's fine.

How do you go about building a laptop? I thought they were pretty much standard from the manufacturer as the parts are soldered in to stop them ratteling and messing up?

The one thing that you might need to look into is the graphics card if your running maya on it.

# 3 12-05-2006 , 03:22 PM
Subscriber
yeah but with laptop they have tose doors on the bottom to chane stuff also u can lift of the keyboards

there are versions of the nvidia for laptops i think there call 'go' and the number

have a look on boxx website under laptops to see what they use it will give u a good idea

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 4 12-05-2006 , 03:29 PM
Best off looking on Alias's site for graphics cards, the Boxx Laptops use the Nvidia Quatro desktop cards.

# 5 12-05-2006 , 05:34 PM
Subscriber
i am getting it built from alienware.com but it will be a while before i get the money user added image

thanks for your answersuser added image

Do what you like, like what you do.
# 6 12-05-2006 , 06:02 PM
Depending on what your after you can get the same spec laptop (from the same factory) cheaper if you have a shop around, the thing is you dont get the funky paint job but you could save a few hundered if your lucky.

# 7 12-05-2006 , 07:04 PM
should not matter if its on mediacenter or not.. i run on x64.. cant wait for a 64 bit version :bow: Maya and Max are the only ones lacking :angery: