Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 29-12-2010 , 03:38 PM

Importing illustrator design into Maya

I have been able to import in the illustrator document by going to Create > Adobe illustrator Object - this allowed me to import the document in but I don't seem to be able to work with the 3D image it has created. How do I select this object and start working on it.

Is this the best way to bring in illustrator design in? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Jack

# 2 04-01-2011 , 11:19 PM
Subscriber
wait, u created a 3d object in Ill, or just something with the effects of being a 3d object?
I'm confused here and what it has to do with maya.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin
# 3 05-01-2011 , 01:09 AM
Lifetime Member
I have never used this but just tried a simple circle...it came in with a gazillion curves. It depends on how you import by the look...I imported as curves...then select object mode>control vertex and off you go. It wouldnt import bevelled?? can I ask what and why you are importing the AI file mate??? wouldnt it be just as easy to model in Maya? Im curious......

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes