Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 24-07-2011 , 08:37 PM

Blendshape facial animation problem

my characters face keeps returning to the orginal position when i use a blendshape which in turn deforms the characters typoligy.

i already rigged the body and head together before creating the blendshapes and then extracted the head from the body and afterwards combined them again, and i dont want to go back and redo everything again. so i was wondering if someone else had this same problem and how they changed the outcome?

please respond as soon as possible

# 2 24-07-2011 , 10:56 PM
hi!
my classfeloow had a similar problem so i overheard my senior suggesting that she should make head blendshapes then rather than applying them to the original head that is attached to the body, put them all on another head. then that head should be wrapped deformed around the original head.
i havnt tried it but you can give it a shot! user added image

# 3 25-07-2011 , 12:20 PM
thnks alot mate ill give it a shot

# 4 25-07-2011 , 02:57 PM

Bendshape still has problems

thanks for the advice about the wrap deformation technique but it didnt work out

if anyone else has any other ideas please let me know?

ASAP

Thanks

# 5 25-07-2011 , 03:18 PM
The thin red line

# 6 25-07-2011 , 03:58 PM
thnks dave ill have a look