Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 01-03-2004 , 05:16 PM

blend shapes

I think I have a very dumb question, but in all the books I have it does not specify if blend shapes works on all surfaces, i.e. nurbs, polys, subs, - does it?

I have 6 poly heads all tweaked into vowels, and when I try to create a blend shape, it says "no deformable objects selected"? I did it with nurbs before, but don't understand why it won't work? I converted to subs and it said the same thing.
I deleted the history, and nothing.

any ideas please?

I am choosing the shaped heads, and then the main head last.

also, where in the deformation list do I place the blendshape when applying it to a smoothly bound character? I read you can do it, but the deformation order is important. Does it go before, or after clusters and tweaks?

Lungs not guns....

Last edited by strobe7; 01-03-2004 at 08:42 PM.
# 2 01-03-2004 , 08:40 PM
I really need an answer user added image

Lungs not guns....
# 3 01-03-2004 , 08:56 PM
Try converting all your surfaces into sub then back..that sometimes helps... Also make sure that your geo is 100 percent extact same. If that dont work post a pic so i can have a beter look. They can be a pain some times.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 4 01-03-2004 , 10:55 PM
ok, thanks Kurt.

Lungs not guns....