Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 331 23-06-2007 , 03:19 PM
thanks for the comments, i only use polygons for this car cause i tried converting to subds and it gave me some problems, and also yea i will make a scene for this car and probably and short animation maybe a turn around.

# 332 26-06-2007 , 05:44 PM
thanks guys but its about time i put this car to rest, been working on this for like a year now if i continue i will probably never finish this car, i know there are some errors. So in the next three weeks (i hope) ill be working on renders for the gallery thanks for your support. btw heres a render. peace.

user added image

# 333 29-06-2007 , 11:03 AM
You're probably already aware of this but when you do your final render, don't forget to turn the steering wheel to match the direction of the wheels.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 334 29-06-2007 , 11:13 AM
Subscriber
And imho the rearbrake of the car needs to be on the backside of the wheel.

But this is nonetheless the finest car pic EVER on SimplyMaya

Good job dude.

GR
M
:bow:

too_tough_to_die@mac.com (AIM)
Always up for a chat !
# 335 29-06-2007 , 05:19 PM
Subscriber
lol wanna render my skyline when im done lol

Toyota Supra WIP

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 336 30-06-2007 , 11:49 AM

# 337 30-06-2007 , 12:59 PM
Subscriber
My bad dude.
Apparently it depends on brand to brand model to model...

Gr
M

Always up for a chat !
# 338 13-07-2007 , 11:13 PM
heres a scene test of what my final render is probably going to look like , but the textures are not final and not everything has been textured. if you guys have any tips on improving this i would like to hear them. thanks
user added image

# 339 13-07-2007 , 11:34 PM
Subscriber
Looks pretty impressive dude.
One remark.
Maybe make the glass door a little transparent. Hope you have a library of table, chair and closets to make the room alive a bit. if not this scene will take another 2 weeks of your time

Heheheheh

Gr
M

Always up for a chat !
# 340 14-07-2007 , 09:47 AM

Originally posted by cut_the_krab
Looks pretty impressive dude.
One remark.
Maybe make the glass door a little transparent. Hope you have a library of table, chair and closets to make the room alive a bit. if not this scene will take another 2 weeks of your time

Heheheheh

Gr
M

thanks man but the fact is that theres nothing behind the glass door thats why i did make it transparent

# 341 14-07-2007 , 12:06 PM
Subscriber
okay i have to say this ..it is excellant and far better than i could do ....but just wonder ..maybe it is the angle of the scene but the logo the black space. ..doesnt have any depth and looks like it is just floating there and neither does the other black space ...sorry I am not into cars and dont know what they are called ..sorry for my ignorance ...

it is kinda like the rims ..see how it is black there and has some depth also ?

just my two cents ..but excellant work

also i like the refective of the glass ... i like the whole miami vice look it has going

I am a big fan of your work young keep it up

# 342 15-07-2007 , 12:41 PM
actually the logo is sitting on something i just forgot to add a shader to it. thanks for the comments

# 343 19-07-2007 , 04:56 AM
# 344 19-07-2007 , 11:50 PM
The car looks great. My only crit is that the shade of the car is inconsistent with the shade of the tree. I think the shade of the tree should be a little darker. But I'm no expert on this kind of thing.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 345 03-02-2008 , 09:17 AM
after whats seems to be like a decade im finally working on the final renders for this car, at the moment the paint, tire, glass and interior will need some more tweaks on the material. So more or less this is the look im going for, will also work on some outdoor renders then i can officially say this car is done.
user added image