Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 17-05-2006 , 06:56 AM

Does maya have intrude?

I seen a guy doing an airplane engine and he used intrude in order to make the space inside a cilider for the propeler? Can you do this sort of thing in maya as well?

Second question would be, if you extrude the face inside the polygon, is there a way the edges would also be extrudes?

# 2 17-05-2006 , 11:57 AM
yeah, instead of moving the extruded polygon out- you move it inward. It's still called an extrude

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 3 17-05-2006 , 10:12 PM
Oh I have tried that but then again, what do you do with the remains of the edges of each face when you extrude inside?

# 4 23-05-2006 , 04:41 AM
Are you still looking for an answer on this? Or are you good?

<a href="https://www.graniteschools.org/ss/gti/MainPage/FinalPages/ChalmersMain.html">GTI 3D Animation Lab
# 5 23-05-2006 , 05:42 AM
Go to polygons->tool options->Keep faces together.
Should fixed your problem.
I had the same problem when i was first starting, but a few tutorials took care of that.

Food 4 Thought: Does the universe end and if it does, whats behind the universe?
# 6 24-05-2006 , 01:45 AM
Yes sorry, I was quite bussy recently with other projects.

I tried what have been sugested, keeping the faces togheter, but when I extrude face inside the edges from each face are still remaining in the same place while the faces are extruded inside.

# 7 24-05-2006 , 06:47 PM
maybe post a pic. That might get u some better answers

Food 4 Thought: Does the universe end and if it does, whats behind the universe?
# 8 24-05-2006 , 08:28 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Messerschmitt

I tried what have been sugested, keeping the faces togheter, but when I extrude face inside the edges from each face are still remaining in the same place while the faces are extruded inside.

Don't think I understand the question, but when you click on keep faces together, you can't have the geometry. You have to click off it, then click "keep faces" together or whatever is in that category, then click back on the model and extrude.

# 9 26-05-2006 , 11:15 AM

# 10 26-05-2006 , 04:33 PM

Originally posted by Messerschmitt

I think there are 2 different methods of keeping faces together. ome is if you go into polygons->tools->keep faces together. This one stops the problem with the odd extruded faces, since it does not create additional faces between (getting the effect you see in the thread I linked to. I am pretty sure there was another one somewhere, that does cause this effect, and if you turn that one off, then when you shrink the faces, they all shrink separately. can't find it at the moment though (or I am thinking of another program)

# 11 26-05-2006 , 10:50 PM

# 12 27-05-2006 , 01:06 AM
Subscriber
Maybe you somehow got your normals reversed. Check to see if your normals are all facing outwards in custom polygon display. If it is facing opposite directions, then go to normals in edit polygons and reverse the face.

# 13 27-05-2006 , 09:38 AM
is it possible for you to post an object that this happens to, just before you extrude the faces and get this problem?

# 14 28-05-2006 , 07:05 PM
This time I have managed to extrude the hole area by selecting "keep face togheter".
I only tried it on the cilinder

Attached Thumbnails