Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 08-11-2006 , 11:51 AM
Subscriber
hey there Matt, 'owzitgoin;? just when all else had given up, there you are, thanks. Which Vids?? This one! The free person one that Kurt did. I thought about it as I was trying to sleep last night, and, a little light went off above my head, animated, like in bugs bunny.., I'll get it from the uni computers, I'll down load it there and put it on my lap top and bring it home and finish it on the PC. It is how Relax (making this free person, wish here was some free love around) between creating a data base of every movie that played at all major city cinemas, country (major country areas) and driveins in 1966, sounds a big job?? Its f....g huge and has nearly trashed me, I have never been so challenged at uni in my life, the data base is only preparation for the essay about 'how movies moved through the distribution circuit in Adelaide in 1966.'

I did manage to do all that post sound on pro tools at uni (even thouh I use cubase at home) , and by deadline, too bad i'm not so good at maya.

good to hear from you, hows the chickens?

M user added image

the problem is, when i download the zips, they fail and everytime i try it gets worse? I was going to give up until I thought of this new way of getting to them. I'll e-mail yu when i get this essay out of the way.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 17 08-11-2006 , 12:32 PM
Subscriber
so curious you want me to try to download and see if it works on me

# 18 08-11-2006 , 01:48 PM
Subscriber
hey mate, please do, i was wondering why no-one had said 'hey, it worked for me' I was starting to think I am the only one who has downloaded this except for tubby??
its worth it mate, great tut and I thnik you will find it a lot of fun and easy too, and good too. I will try at uni today or tomorrow. see how you go, i would appreciate it and I am sure Kurt would too after all this waffle I have made about his tut.
user added image

# 19 18-11-2006 , 04:33 PM
Subscriber
just mentioning i haven't given up on this, i feel its the most important tut i need to do at this time. If anyone else who is not used to nurbs or modelling human form hasn't got this one, well.., they should.

uni is finished in 1300 words (that's today, I did 1700 yesterday) and I will go and get the rest of this tut and finish it. In the meantime I have been doing Kurt's cartoon dog.

as a student I would love to buy some tuts, but finances do not allow it, (of course there are ways, why not be honest) so one does what they need without hurting anyone, to keep focused and moving forward. I never back out when its my turn to buy a round, i do when I can afford it. If the people I'm with are sincere, I'll do all I can to help.

I'm sure these guys doing the free tuts must feel good about doing them and helping others who got no bread, so to speak, or why else would they do them.., so thanks again Kurt, and the rest of the guys. don't get jaded there are heaps out here who really appreciate what you guys do (I just looked at mikes comment about people asking for free tuts (sticky) and he sounded angry, hence this rave).

# 20 22-11-2006 , 06:29 PM
Subscriber
there seems to be a couple of posts missing from here?? I didnt get around to sending my address?

# 21 08-12-2006 , 10:11 PM
Subscriber
well my computer completely died, not sure how it happened, one minute it was supreme, then i put a disc in a friend sent me, loaded a program, loaded a tut (from a differant friend), and it went crazy??it just disintergrated until constant restarts, ect. screens appeared i had never seen before.??

in desperation i turned it off, then off at the power and when i turned it on again, it was dead.

it is now completely dead, nothing shows on the screen and no beep as the bios kicks in??

SO,nothing on this page for a while, not until it (a computer) comes back from the shop, because hardware, if thats what it is, is above me, and so will be the price of getting it fixed.

user added image
:bandit: :headbang:
user added image

# 22 09-12-2006 , 04:36 AM
Subscriber
well i wondered when that would happen sorry mate ...I know you have issues for awhile on the pc ...lots of luck though