Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 18-01-2008 , 08:30 AM

Camera trouble - burned out/high contrast images

I'm using Mental Ray (including MR Sun/Sky) to render a particular scene. I've tweeked everything to get it to look exactly the way I want it, but I've been using the Perspective view for test renders.

But now I've added a camera, and when I render through it, it's like the contrast is SUPER high and the image is burned out. Is this an aperature setting?

Are there settings I can use to make the camera render the same way the perspective view does? Or otherwise, are there settings that I need to change in the camera so that it works with the lighting I've already set up?

# 2 18-01-2008 , 08:46 AM
Found it.

Since I'm using MR Sun/Sky, it was in those tabs. The "mentalrayGlobals" tab > Rendering > Render Camera

I just had to point it to my new camera. Just a heads up for anyone else that may run into this.