Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 17-12-2003 , 06:07 PM
Subscriber

n00bies... project

any noobies (like me) want to do a quick online modeling/animation project for the time off for the hollydays. i was thinking dome fight scene with monks (non-matrix-like kung-fu style, just old kung-fu martial arts) oro re-do the nightcrawler intro sequence in the Xmen 2 movie. or just anything to boost our skills in modeling/animation.
we would share progress via email or simplymaya etc...
and the rest we would figure a way to comp render etc... (i have a new (2x P4 xeon 2.66 with 1.5gig ram running maya linux etc...)
write me back or email
happy hollidaysuser added image

# 2 18-12-2003 , 04:59 AM
Subscriber
i guess not.
oh well.:o

# 3 18-12-2003 , 05:22 PM
im a newbie, but i could not come close to doing anything close to what you discussed. so im out.

# 4 18-12-2003 , 05:32 PM
The Maya Mountain
Never know until you try. How do you think you improve? By doing something you've not done before and practice! user added image

# 5 18-12-2003 , 07:56 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by mtmckinley
Never know until you try. How do you think you improve? By doing something you've not done before and practice! user added image

exactly Mike ! user added image
i'll definately give X2 intro a try. i now a decent amount about rigging and modeling, and i'm starting to get into maya's dynamics system. it's really gr8.
user added image

# 6 18-12-2003 , 10:49 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by mtmckinley

I absoletly agree. I was surprized sometimes wwhn I made something,including current SM challenge.

# 7 18-12-2003 , 11:19 PM
Subscriber
vladimirjp, don't think its a bad idea at all. Its a great Idea. I would probly get in to something like that, but I didn't respond becouse I'v got so many things going ATM..

sounds like cool fun though.

# 8 19-12-2003 , 02:14 AM
I like the idea, I would say to yell "I'M IN", but... user added image I don't think I'm even good enough for challenges yet, even less for something like this :-/
But hey, if there is something I can help with... you know, the more simple stuff, then I would be glad to participate.

There can not be Good without Evil, so then it must be good to be Evil sometimes.

:tup:
# 9 19-12-2003 , 04:16 AM
Subscriber
NightPhantom, ya don't have to be good at all for the challenges.. just willing to learn.. LOL A really good reson for the challenges is a chance to press your boundrys a little.. why, I'm taking the risk of lusing this challenge becouse I'm getting very intrested in the constraints, skeletons, Dynamics of the hydrolics on my horses leg.. I'm lerning so much.

# 10 19-12-2003 , 05:47 AM
I think I will be in... not sure yet though... a LOT of stuff to do over the vacation.. :o
I wish we lived in the same city,... we could have something like a lan party,.. but Maya Party!!! .,... so we could create something interesting... together.. like those people in shrek movie.... user added image
:bgreen: :bgreen: :bgreen: :bgreen:

# 11 19-12-2003 , 07:04 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by LSphinx

I wish we lived in the same city,... we could have something like a lan party,.. but Maya Party!!! .,... so we could create something interesting... together.. like those people in shrek movie.... user added image
:bgreen: :bgreen: :bgreen: :bgreen:

i live in NJ... like 20 min from the city.
anyhow i have started a brief story board, and some basic ideas for the overall-look of the characters and atmosphere. i also started modeling a "female character" as oppose to the guy president whom nightcrawler tried to kill.
it's a good startuser added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 12 19-12-2003 , 07:34 AM

Originally posted by Pony
NightPhantom, ya don't have to be good at all for the challenges.. just willing to learn.. LOL A really good reson for the challenges is a chance to press your boundrys a little.. why, I'm taking the risk of lusing this challenge becouse I'm getting very intrested in the constraints, skeletons, Dynamics of the hydrolics on my horses leg.. I'm lerning so much.

Well, yeah, I'm very willing to learn. The thing is though, all you guys make this really cool things, and I feel bad showing my stuff, so the stuff I do I keep it to myself (until I do something that I feel is good enough to share).

There can not be Good without Evil, so then it must be good to be Evil sometimes.

:tup:
# 13 19-12-2003 , 10:22 AM
Same as night phantom. Ive been using maya less than a month. I dont think i would be able to do anything except on a small scale, and even then i would need help. But im more than willing to try.

# 14 19-12-2003 , 07:47 PM
vladimirjp, while you're at it, work on those photoshop skills and get your images down to 640x480. user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu