Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 07-08-2004 , 05:34 PM

Group or Attach objects?

When I am modeling, and I need to put two (or more) objects together, should I attach them or just group them?

Example: When modeling a building, should I attach the parts of the building, (walls, windows, doors, glass, everything), of should I just put them close enough together to fool the viewer and then group them.

My instinct tells me I should attach the parts like in a real world wooden model, but my common since tells me it’s a waste of time. I am of course, talking of using Attach tools to put objects together to form one object.

I don't really see what difference it makes when modeling a building or a car or anything large and complex. If you group them, they are stuck together. But, it does seem like a cheat.

Kori

# 2 07-08-2004 , 05:49 PM
The Maya Mountain
Grouping works fine. Even in a realworld building, the different parts are seperate, held together with nails, welding, or mortar.