Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 14-11-2010 , 08:20 PM

moving vetices

is it possible to move vertices/edges without changing the actual shape of the mesh. say, if you've done a few 'split polygon' or 'edge loops' and it turns out they're not quite in the right place to deform the mesh as you'd like (ie. edges too close together). can I 'slide' vertices and edges over the surface to the correct location.
i can kinda get the shape i want by dragging the vertices around, but the mesh looks kinda messy.

or is the best policy to get the shape right, then clean up the mesh?

# 2 14-11-2010 , 08:53 PM
Acid44
Just select the edges you want and use the "Slide edge tool"

I think it's in Mesh> slide edge tool either that or edit mesh, under the polygon menu setuser added image

# 3 15-11-2010 , 08:01 AM
Subscriber
you can also slide verts along an edge if you want by holding the c key with the vert selected and move tool, then mmb drag along the edge in question.

g-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 4 18-11-2010 , 03:50 PM
ah got it. just had to remember to select the edge first - as you told me to acid44!!