Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 16-01-2004 , 08:43 AM

Render Problem with the Particle Shape

Hi,

i build a firering like they did in the tutorial. At the end when i want to render this i get a message.

Warning: Hardware rendering selected for particleShape1. Skipped.

But i have choosen software render!

So i cant find the options for the particleshape for rendering.

pleace help me!

thanks

bci

# 2 16-01-2004 , 09:23 AM
Subscriber
You cannot render certain particles with the Maya software renderer. You will need to render the particles using the Hardware renderer.

You can render your scene geometry with the hardware renderer but the quality of this geometry will not be so good... therefore it's better if you render out the particles with the geometry masked out, render out the gemoetry with the Software renderer, and then composite the two renders using a composition software such as Adobe After-Effects.

That'll do donkey... that'll do...
# 3 16-01-2004 , 09:57 AM
so, now is have set the render options for maya hardware render.
when i render the movie clip i cant see my particle shade. i only see white dots ,my particles.
on my pc at home it works perfect, could it depand on the grafikboard? i have an ati in my laptop and an nvidia at home

# 4 16-01-2004 , 04:06 PM
I made the tutorial specificly for use with the Software Cloud Particle rendertype.
And that particle rendertype renders with the default Maya Software renderer.

So, just make sure you do that tutorial using SWCloud particle rendertype.
Then you should have no problems with the rest of the tut processuser added image

Good luck!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 5 16-01-2004 , 09:33 PM
bcit6k,

Sometimes Maya gives you warnings that are not errors. The Maya fire is not meant to be rendered in hardware. Don't worry about the warning, it should render fine in software.

# 6 17-01-2004 , 07:12 AM
Good point Dann!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 7 17-01-2004 , 09:32 AM
Rage: As long as its semi pertaining to the subject(and about the same tutorial) and noone answered my other thread in here about it.

Can you render the whole animation to be exported as an avi? I tried several ways but non seemed to work. Explination would be appriciated.