Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 02-08-2006 , 11:09 PM

Particle Collision

Was wondering how to stack particles in a bowl or cup of some sort to simulate the effect of say water filling up a cup.

Did a test render of flowing water but don't know how to or if you can make it so the water fills up that plate. Must be something to do with particles colliding with one another but have no idea how.

There also doesnt seem to be any good tutorials out there for this sort of thing.

cheers

user added image

# 2 03-08-2006 , 12:11 AM
wouldn't water particles fill up the plate eventually if you make it play longer and keep the life span to live forever? cause it does seem like the particles are colliding with the plate as they are pouring out. if not, i would also like to know too ^^, and yeah i'm thinking it might have something to do with particle collisions.

9 months into Maya...and still learning...
0 experience with any other 3D programs
# 3 03-08-2006 , 06:38 AM
You can assign a radial field to each particle and play with the radius settings on the field so that the particles push away from one another making them appear to collide, you will have to play with the settings so they dont fly off from one another etc...

Hope it helps

# 4 03-08-2006 , 09:11 AM
Thanx for the replies. Trying out the radial field on my own was going nowhere so with further searching I found this great tutorial which explains how to use the radial field in conjunction with the particle 'water'.

https://www.tutorialized.com/tutorial...ollisions/4053

Test render shows how it filled up the plate so just ignore how terrible the rest looks user added image And thats the test done user added image

user added image