Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 106 06-01-2012 , 11:08 PM
Noober than noob

Well pity him....thats sad..but his choice.

Dont need a pool, swim in the ocean man...well I wouldnt where I live...too many White Pointer sharks these days.

Im a Surveyor...and getting more heavily involved in 3D for construction...mainly machine control via a robot or GPS...painful stuff and I hate it...but then I love tinkering with 3D. A job doing 3D would e nice but doesnt pay 1/3 of what I get as Surveyor...needs outweigh wants LOL.

Cheers bullet

Yeah, that's the reason I didn't push him into it. Just told him to try out the stuff. Up to him if he will eventually pick back up on it or not.

The pool wasn't even mine O.o But I wish I had one too. Ocean? Too far from me (wish the ocean could come to me... oh no, wait, if it did, my house would be floating by now...). Sea maybe, it's closer. But only been there twice in my life and that was when i was a little girl. -.-

Yeah, that's the annoying part of life: You don't always get what you want or when you do, you figure out it's not enough to keep you alive.
And right now I'm even doubting I'll ever get paid under the circumstances that my boss isn't giving me the required information to complete my tasks. But if I give up, I have no idea where to go. I don't seem to be good at anything exactly, or what I'm good at is not available in my country.

Here you have higher chances of making a living if you become a lawyer, a banker, a football player, a politician or a pop singer. And I'm not up for either of those.

# 107 06-01-2012 , 11:30 PM
The thin red line
What task has your boss set for you?...........dave

# 108 06-01-2012 , 11:54 PM
Noober than noob

What task has your boss set for you?...........dave

Not just one task but:
researching rival stores' products and prices (this includes picking products and listing them on files, lots of information to write down), setting up a website where people can buy products and sometimes managing e-mails (not yet at that part though).
Research - check.
e-mails - created, awaiting instructions on what to do with them.
putting product list/prices on website - cannot be done until he gives me the list of products / prices that his company sells. So I feel like going in circles because I keep having to do the research again if he doesn't give me the list on time, as prices will change on rival stores so that means the website still cannot be updated. -.-

# 109 07-01-2012 , 12:06 AM
The thin red line
Are you wonder women as thats one tall order...............dave

# 110 07-01-2012 , 12:25 AM
Noober than noob

Are you wonder women as thats one tall order...............dave

My sarcasm detector is either damaged or working right...
I'd pick a job where I'd know that if I work a certain number of hours a day I'd get paid at the end for sure. Too bad I am so simple minded that nothing else aside from doing stuff on the computer fits my abilities. Searched online for several jobs including trash collecting. Nope... no free posts.

# 111 09-02-2012 , 05:37 AM
Leon,

This is a test pic from the fashion shoot this past weekend.

Attached Thumbnails
# 112 09-02-2012 , 09:52 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Dude this stuff is ideal for human reference, if you have anymore post it in the resources lounge

cheers
Jay

# 113 22-02-2012 , 01:52 AM
Another, but with the before and after...

The previous girl was much more attractive in person.

Attached Thumbnails
# 114 22-02-2012 , 03:53 AM
Lifetime Member
Nice Chav...though my eyes were redirected on the previous one

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 115 22-03-2012 , 05:59 AM
So I figured I would post this pic of myself. We were doing miniatures and 3D tests for Avatar 2 last week and my buddy snapped this pic of me halfway through the day. I posed like that because the first one he took I looked tired and pissed...

Jay you are over at DD. We had Rob Legato working with Cameron on the set. Legato I believe is a pipeline engineer with DD. Although that may just be a title. The cameras we are using are great. They are Pace-Cameron and the beam splitter auto-aligns now and functions off their independent calibration system which has all of the lenses preprogrammed. Everything was custom, even down to the slate which you couldn't write on and that the DIT had to program per shot...

Earlier in the week we used 4 Alexa's for A/B cam and shot reg. tests and to make sure the master primes were lining up from say a 25mm/50mm split. Rig is shown below...

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Chavfister; 22-03-2012 at 06:07 AM.
# 116 22-03-2012 , 09:50 AM
LOl frustration!!

Im at DD in London. Im not totally sure on Rob Legato...

Jay

# 117 22-03-2012 , 05:01 PM
Sweet magic Bishonator, gonna walk away from that with some priceless knowledge for sure. Vid should be done mid next week and hot damn vinnie has worked some serious magic on that chinook. Looks epic at night with all the lights going etc, feels like a lucid dream testing the beast out in game. Be great to catch you on skype soon bud and super stoked that things are going mega rad, is very well deserved matey

# 118 22-03-2012 , 05:52 PM

Sculpture for later this year

Gonna cast this life-size in bronze with my uncle later this year in Atlanta. Will rest in front of Churchill Downs when done. Should be fun....

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Chavfister; 22-03-2012 at 06:01 PM.
# 119 22-03-2012 , 09:58 PM
Rob Legato is a top dog Producer........fyi

J

# 120 23-03-2012 , 04:38 AM
Yo,

Yea thought he most likely just produced there and oversaw the pipe. He was just there earlier in the week with Scorsese and Richardson. Bob Richardson was DPing that one. Then when we did the stuff with Cameron at New Deal we had him DPing. I believe he does a lot of 2nd Unit directing. When I spoke with him he said he just won the Oscar with Bob for Hugo. Nice guy, and def Italian.

The 1st AC was talking to Legato about working on Avatar and Rob asked if he had a resume. The 1st looked at him and said, "What? You don't do IMDB?" They are old pals though from Titanic...

Last edited by Chavfister; 23-03-2012 at 04:41 AM.