Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 46 08-07-2003 , 05:22 AM
double the # of views eh? I doubt it.. but here is my "entry" into the street race.. vroom vroom. Check my WIP to see more pics of the car.
user added image

-- Why is it snowing rain --
AIM: SnowboarderCF
# 47 08-07-2003 , 06:52 AM
here is yet another peice for the city i made in about 30 mins.. so don't expect greatness.. lol

next.. basketball/ street hockey court.

Someone else can texture it.. since i suck at textures.

Attached Thumbnails

-- Why is it snowing rain --
AIM: SnowboarderCF
# 48 08-07-2003 , 11:42 AM
Subscriber
i can send you some good texture if you want and you can just apply them ! user added image pm if you want

Sorry but my english is very poor !
MaY ThE FoRcE Be WiTh YoU !
# 49 08-07-2003 , 03:34 PM
Simply Maya OG
Heres my car with the tinted windows. Just gotta figure out whast up w/the headlights, cause the glow is gone. user added image

Attached Thumbnails

- Hybrid
# 50 08-07-2003 , 06:02 PM
Hey I'm willing to help you out on your project. I could help on the modeling of street objects or textures. Just assign me something.

mahalo,

Myk

<a href="https://www.metic.net" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.metic.net</a><br />
# 51 08-07-2003 , 07:33 PM
SM Alumni
As requested the name of this thread has been changed to reflect the joint effort going into it...and from the looks of it this is turning into one hell of a great project, congrats guys!

Darkon

Red bellows of flame have blackened my stones
Convulsing my frame and cracking my bones
Hell's dragons of steel who roar in their chains
Crawl into my caves to suck out my veins.....

-The Mountain P.F.M.
# 52 08-07-2003 , 07:36 PM
Simply Maya OG
Thank you, oh mighty Darkon, the MOD of the WIP forums *bows*. user added imageuser added image

Later today/tonight, Ill have an update. Finished off the RX7, and started up the Nissan Skyline R34 GTR. user added image

- Hybrid
# 53 08-07-2003 , 07:37 PM
Subscriber
Mk, were are gonna do some extensive work on the buildings and shops and things, i think what might help is thing that we won't think of to model. Anything from the following list (and any ideas you get from this) i think would add alot of detail.

Please remeber that at least for now i'm trying to keep the meshes relatively low, but its not like this is a game = )

Trash (McDonalds cups, soda cans?)
Mail box (the big blue ones)
Trash can
Manhole cover

Its not necassary, but texturing them would save me time. And i really appreciate any help so do whatever as long as ur having fun! I don't want you to feel "assigned" to anything.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 54 08-07-2003 , 07:53 PM
SM Alumni
Sorry but I can't change the thread title, thought I could and had...but I sent word to those who can user added image

Darkon

Red bellows of flame have blackened my stones
Convulsing my frame and cracking my bones
Hell's dragons of steel who roar in their chains
Crawl into my caves to suck out my veins.....

-The Mountain P.F.M.
# 55 08-07-2003 , 08:14 PM
Simply Maya OG
Great idea Vec. Ill see what I can do to help you out alittle, aside from my car Im working on. Darkon, thnx for trying anyways man. user added image

- Hybrid
# 56 08-07-2003 , 08:24 PM
Simply Maya OG
Just got an idea. If anyone wishes to donate "sideline" cars, objects, or anything, let me know. Im not begging for cars or anything, but if you want to make one and have it in the animation, let either me, Vec, or Forumsnowboarder know. We're not promising itll be used, but chances are, we'll use it as backround/scenery type things. user added image

- Hybrid
# 57 08-07-2003 , 08:35 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by I-Iybrid
Muhahaha. Got maya up and running! Ok, heres the wire you requested, Cyrius. user added image Change in plans for the interior. Me and Forum decided to put a heavy tint on the windows, so we wouldnt have to worry about modeling actual drivers and interior.

right please forgive me for being a complete ass in this thread but i need to say this:

I have looked at this wireframe and to be quite honest..it scares me.... It has way to much geometry on it!

and its always in dark surondings... kinda makes me think like there something to hide,

Now First of here i am sorry if i have offended but hope that someone of yourself actually see what I am on about user added image

regards

Cheerful kev

# 58 08-07-2003 , 08:38 PM
Kevin
and here is the offending image user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 59 08-07-2003 , 08:47 PM
Kevin
/me feel an asshole now to all you "high geometery guys "

user added image

# 60 08-07-2003 , 08:51 PM
Subscriber
Ooh, can i see a poly count on this?

do i hear a 50,000
going for 50,000.. do i hear 75?
75 thousand.. do i hear 100?
100 thousand!.. going for 200!

200 thousand polys sold to the man with the black car!

LOL. It does look really nice though user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com