Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 03-04-2004 , 03:39 PM
Subscriber

Selection issue

Hi guys...i thought id post this here as its probably something simple but i cant seem to find out what.
Im in the process of uv mapping a model and everything was fine and then all of sudden i cannot select the faces or edges.
I can select vertices though and the on screen info says i am in fact selecting faces and edges ( as it tells me how many faces im selecting etc) but it just aint showing up as selected (not highlighting).
Im thinking maybe as i have been clicking here 'n' there i have accidently clicked on something to cause this and didnt notice so cannot reverse it, i cannot seem to undo it and if i go back to the last save i will lose some work which isnt what i want as i did quite a bit in the last session.
Any help appreciated thx.

"Hear That Thunder"!!
# 2 07-04-2004 , 08:44 AM
Sounds to me like it's hidden. Go to display >> show all and just make sure you havent hidden it.

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB